Dodges at up coming Concourse in nor-cal

Dave 38

Central California, sometimes referenced as Cen-Cal, is a subregion of Northern California. It is south of the San Francisco Bay Area and north of Southern California. It includes the northern portion of the San Joaquin Valley (which itself is the southern portion of the Central Valley, beginning at the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta), the Central Coast, the central hills of the California Coast Ranges, and the foothills and mountain areas of the central Sierra Nevada.

Central California is considered to be west of the crest of the Sierra Nevada. (East of the Sierras is Eastern California.) The largest cities (over 50,000 population) in the region are Fresno, Modesto, Salinas, Visalia, Clovis, Merced, Turlock, Madera, Tulare, Porterville, and Hanford.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

It's off of HWY 49 ,the Golden Highway.It's in NOR-CAL.

Interesting to note that San Francisco is geographically about midway between the northern and southern borders of California. So it would make sense to call it "Central California" rather than Northern California. But history and tradition trump geography. From time to time I've wondered how all those people living in what is truly northern California (Crescent City, Eureka, Yreka, Redding, etc.) feel about places hundreds of miles south claiming to be in Northern California.

Too bad I have another old car event that conflicts with the Ironstone Winery concours it is a beautiful area and that show is supposed to be very good.

Interesting to note that San Francisco is geographically about midway between the northern and southern borders of California. So it would make sense to call it "Central California" rather than Northern California. But history and tradition trump geography. From time to time I've wondered how all those people living in what is truly northern California (Crescent City, Eureka, Yreka, Redding, etc.) feel about places hundreds of miles south claiming to be in Northern California.

I am always confused by this as well. When I plan a trip I am thinking the these northern cities Ply33 mentions to be Northern. SF is about half way so I consider that central. The state is to long as far as I am concerned.

I know it 17 hard driving hours to my brothers place in Palm Springs from here near Portland, I don't usually do that at one sitting, but it can be done and it saves a hotel. I cant make it in one sitting if I am driving the motor home, but at least I have my bedroom with me.