1929 predident or commander?

Is this a car you own? One thing (besides the downdraft set up) that has me confused is the instruments. I was pretty sure that all of the 1929-30 Presidents (FE & FH) came standard with a clock. This car does not have one? Also why don't you check the engine number. It is stamped into the block on the left front corner (horizontal surface). If it is a '29 President it would have FE prefix. Also check the small tag on the engine side of the firewall.

Is this a car you own? One thing (besides the downdraft set up) that has me confused is the instruments. I was pretty sure that all of the 1929-30 Presidents (FE & FH) came standard with a clock. This car does not have one? Also why don't you check the engine number. It is stamped into the block on the left front corner (horizontal surface). If it is a '29 President it would have FE prefix. Also check the small tag on the engine side of the firewall.

The engine appears to have a single spark coil distributor unlike the Presidents of 1929-30 that used dual coil ignition with 10 post caps. The engine model and serial numbers stamped on the top of the cylinder block at the left front end would clear up what engine it is for sure. Stude8

post-30688-143142733811_thumb.jpg

Is this a car you own? One thing (besides the downdraft set up) that has me confused is the instruments. I was pretty sure that all of the 1929-30 Presidents (FE & FH) came standard with a clock. This car does not have one?

The 1929-30 FE President has the clock. The FH does not. I have attached a picture of the instruments in my 29 FE President.

Thanks for all the input. this is a car I may own shortly

The engine number isFE-13048, which is a correctnumber for a '29-30 President. It's about half way into thenumber range.

The serial number iscorrect for 1930 FH Eight (125" wb). about 850 into the 1930 range.