1936 Buick Roadmaster 80 Series w/dual sideemounts & 1950 Roadmaster 2DR HT

g-g-g0

Not mine and sorry that I do not know how to attach the links.

1936 Buick Roadmaster 80 Series w/dual sidemounts. Listed on the H.A.M.B site under cars for sale. Appears to be a very solid car and possibly a military car. Located in Indiana and asking $10,000.

1950 Buick Roadmaster 2 DR HT. Listed on the All Dallas Craigslist.

Gary

Found the listing on the '50 76-R (you got my attention, Gary!). http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/4658540798.html

It's grossly overpriced at $8000. Is about 40 miles south of me, and not even worth going to see because the seller is so out of touch with the price. Too bad, because it's a rare car. Transmission in the trunk, all side windows are down, so you can guess at the condition of the floors and the interior. $8,000 he says. If that one is worth $8,000, then mine is worth $80,000, which of course it isn't!

Pete Phillips

1950 76R

Leonard, Tx

Gary: To attach links, when you are on the Craigslist page just highlight the browser window at the top of the page click on Edit and/or if you are windows based right click your mouse pad. A side screen will come up then direct your pointer to copy and click it. This will copy the Craigs page link. Or you can simply highlight the page link at the top of your browser when on the that particular Craigslist page then take your pointer over to Edit and then Copy. There are a few ways to do this. Then when you go over to our forums Buy/Sell page, and when your ready to insert the link go to the top of the page on your browser and click on Edit. This will drop a menu down and you will see "paste". Click this and the copied linked that you did over at Craigs will appear in your message window. When you finally publish the post this link will appear as a highlighted hyper link.

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

Windows being windows - million ways to get things done - for links, highlight, then ctrl + c = copy. In your post, ctrl + V = paste. Ctrl might be the very lower left-most key on the keyboard.

I saw that '50 a couple of days ago - the production figures listed (invented) are easily checked to be way wrong, by about an order of magnitude. Between the 75R and 76R for '50, total is 10,732. Throw in the '51 at 13,710 (between the non-power windows & power windows versions), and 11,387 in '52, and 22,927 in '53 - and about 5-6x more of these in the 56R style, yes, 4-portholes on the hood is uncommon, but the overall 2-door hardtop (counting ones with that exact same roof and side window appearance) isn't quite as rare as the seller might hope.

Not sure how they got a "quantity still on the road" number.

Given the seller wants to trade for a boat, could be a better deal in trade than in cash...

I sent the seller an e-mail telling him if he wanted to see one of the "three still on the road", all he had to do was drive 40 miles north to see mine. I also told him that I bought mine for less than half the cost of his, and mine was in better shape than his is at the time I bought it. Needless to say, I didn't get a reply, nor did I expect one!