120 vrs Super 8 Transmission

carlchiaretto

Not even close, the Senior Packards have entirely different transmissions. Complete new bearing sets are available for the Super 8 transmission.

Greatest site ever !!

Over the years I've needed information on some pretty obscure subjects and always find someone willing to share the answer on this site .

I was "nominated" to be part time caretaker of a friends magnificent '37 Packard Super 8 convertible coupe . Many of you know how it is . Knowing which kind of screwdriver to use on a Phillips head screw and you're looked at as a master mechanic . I often find myself keeping an eye out for parts for this car . During the incredible restoration over a period of many , many years , I think someone forgot the transmission because it sure likes to make it's presence known , so when a transmission came up on ebay for a 120 at $250 it sounded like a good rebuild experience .

Thanks to the shared knowledge of the members here I learned , almost immediately , that my best laid plan would not work .

Thank you , Owen !

Now , if you can point me in the direction of the supplier of the transmission bearings , I may have a winter project .