Battery Drain

Guest BobFitz

Back to chasing electrical gremlins in the SOHC. Connecting the battery cable, the aft most of the 3 relays on the right fender well clicks. I know this is an ABS relay but why would it engage with ignition off? Which relay is it-main, aux or motor? I will have to find my ammeter to get a reading on current drain.

Bob

Back to chasing electrical gremlins in the SOHC. Connecting the battery cable, the aft most of the 3 relays on the right fender well clicks. I know this is an ABS relay but why would it engage with ignition off? Which relay is it-main, aux or motor? I will have to find my ammeter to get a reading on current drain.

Bob

I had the same problem and I replaced the relay and had no more battery drain

Bob

From relays looking from top down I don't know which is which, from the bottom of the block up; the main relay is the only one with Brown wire going to gnd. the Aux is the only one with Rd/WT going to gnd. the motor relay is the one with RD wire going to pump motor. Just finished replacing front flex brake lines on the TC, cleaned up and don't want to get grungy again in the garage and I can't tell you for sure off the top of my head which is aux or main.

Looked at the manual and it doesn't give any troubleshoot tips for this problem, had something like this happen on a Jaguar years ago and it used the same brake system, so it might have the same cause, that was the brake switch and not the one that actually turned on the brake lights.