For sale 52 Roadmaster

Guest Ray RI

Due to health issues and a back injury, I unfortunatly have to part with my 52 Roadmaster Series 72R 4 door sedan.

I managed to get as far as replacing most of the brake system, rebuilt the Stromberg 4barrel carb, replaced the gas tank and had the sending unit refurbished. I also bought new carpet for the interior. The previous owner had all the seats and door pannels redone.

I had started to get ready to replace the torque ball seal and that's when my back injury occurred. Since then it has been sitting in my garage and I am no longer able to crawl around under the car to work on it.

The body is in great shape with no major rust/rot. The floors and rockers are excellent. I had it running when I got it and the motor is in good shape but still needs a few little things such as the water pump replaced (leaks).

My car also has, I believe, first year factory power steering. About 90k miles on the odometer.

Message me for more info/pics if interested.

Edited by Ray RI (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner on this. I am trying to get photos together as best I can. I'd like to get at least $3500 for it.

The car has factory power steering and 4 barrel Stromburg carb on 320 straight 8.

There will be a few pictures showing the gas tank removed from the car. I replaced the tank with a new one and the original sending unit was restored and calibrated and re installed.

Below is a link to a slideshow of what photos I have on hand of the car.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cryptwagon/slideshow/1952%20Buick%20Roadmaster

Looks like a very nice car to start with.

So you say you have all the interior door panels, so has the interior and panels been redone to correct original specs ? Anything that does not work on the car like wipers, mechanical

or electrical and is the car drivable?

Also, what is that bracket just above the power steering pump for? Looks like something was mounted to it and is now off.

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

Is the car green, Baffin Green perhaps? Just curious as there are a lot of similarities with ours, like interior colours. I had to ask as the outside photos look more like black to me while the shots taken indoors, presumably with a flash, appear green. Our car is missing the body data plate, so I'm not sure what colour it is supposed to be.

Buick Man... That bracket is the support for the air cleaner. I have no clue if at the imewhen the seats etc were redone, if they were done the same as the original. The way they are is how they were when I got he car.

Thriller... The car is Vedis Green on the exterior.

• 2 weeks later...

I last had it running a couple summers ago. I drove it once to try the brakes and then the trans started leaking badly so I parked it back in the garage and there she's been since.

• 1 month later...

Ray, sorry to hear of your back problems and that they are causing you to not be able to enjoy your Roadmaster and now to have to sell it. I remember when you first got it and started sharing your story with us and going through the crank up and getting it running and on the road. If I recall the last we heard was you were having problems with the torque ball not sealing right? That can be a challenge especially when working with the wrong parts as I recall was your problem.

The car appears to be a neat old survivor, solid and not molested. Judging by the nice condition of the steering wheel and a few other things I have to wonder what do you think the mileage on the car is and what do you know about it's history, who owned and and where? It doesn't appear to be a northern car or if it was it was garaged and not ran in many winters. This is really one neat ol Roadmaster that if I had it I would finish the interior, clean and buff the exterior paint and chrome and enjoy it. Considering it is a solid, unmolested ROADMASTER and the amount of work you have already done to it I think it is very fairly priced. I want to encourage you to hold onto it but if you do indeed have to sell it, hopefully someone here will give it a good home. SHADETREE, wouldn't this Roadmaster look just awesome sitting next to your Special.

found a couple of videos of it's maiden voyage.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ray RI

Sorry I haven't been around as of late. Between being sick and trying to help take care of my dad, it leaves little time for anything else. I'm not in much rush right now to move the Buick. If I don't sell her, she'll stay where she is in my garage until I can send her to be fixed.

A little info I managed to find out about the car was that it was originally from New Hampshire and was driven year round until about 15 years ago. I tracked down one previous owner who turned out to be a guy one town over from me who my dad knows! The car has 89,000 miles on her. I really love the car and am honestly torn about selling it or not as I've always wanted a car of this vintage.

MrEarl.. I had forgotten about those vids. I was so happy that day I got to drive it. That was the only time I drove it in the near 5 years I've had it.

Now there is another toy soon to occupy the other side of my garage... a 79 Mark V that I got so I have some thing to go to cruise nights in with friends.

• 5 months later...
Guest Ray RI

Sorry again for disappearing. More issues on the home front that I won't get into here.

However. I do still have the Buick and I do want to sell it. I have a registration for the car in my name which due to the age is also the title here in RI. The car will require a bit of work to move it as we had started to try to get the torque ball seal replaced and got about half way thru it so it is currently sitting apart on stands in my garage. I will try to get additional pics of the data plate today to post as someone had asked for in an earlier message. If someone really wants the car, I can do my best to get it back on its wheels to move it.

I'll let the car go for $3000.