Looking for other 1935 Pontaic owners

joespoolhall

Hello, I am searching for other 1935 Pontiac owners . . . . I purchased a 1935 Pontiac coupe a few years ago with about a 30 year old restoration on it and I am getting it ready to go back on the road and would like to hear from other owners of the 1935 Pontiacs. There don't seem to be many around so if you have one or have an interest in them let me know and we can try and keep in touch about our cars,

Thanks,

Joe

hi joe, there are at least 32 1935 pontiac owners in the pontiac oakland club international, and we have kerry klotzman has our 1935 pontiac technical advisor, you can email him at kap@voyager.net , there is also a poci chapter, known as the early times chapter, you can find them on the internet also please go to poci.org and check out the club's website, you can join the club. they put out an award winning monthly magazine called the "smoke signal, and you can join the early times chapter by itself if you wanted. if you needed more information, please just yank my chain here on the forum, or email me at charlessdv8@yahoo.com , thanks for getting your hands on a 1935 pontiac.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordinator

poci

Hi Charles, thank-you for the reply and 1935 Pontiac information! I'll take a look at the Pontiac-Oakland International club website and send out a message to Kerry. Looking forward to posting info regarding the 1935 Pontiacs . . . . attached is a "dusty" pic of my '35 coupe . . . . dont' worry it's clean now . . .

Thanks,

Joe

post-56631-143142726217_thumb.jpg

Hi Tom, it's great to hear from another 1935 Pontiac owner. 6 plus!!! That's a lot of 1935 Pontiacs. Nice to know there are that many still around waiting to be restored. If you get a chance please post some pics of your 1935's and the 1936 Buick you are restoring. Looking forward to seeing them, and chatting about the cars

Thanks for the reply,

Cheers,

Joe

Joe, I was at the Pre-War Meet in Chickasha, Ok. 20yr ago and bought a `35 hood, and told myself "I`ll get the car later". So the past 20yr I`ve been buying/collecting pieces and parts of cars, 1-4dr, 2-2dr slant-backs, 3 coupes and 1 convertible. All need total redo. I`m Glad I started collecting when I did, that stuff is extremely hard to find now. Send me your email address and I`ll send you some pictures. I haven`t had any success putting pictures on here.. Tom

Hi Tom, that's a unique way to start collecting the 1935 Pontiac cars! You're right in saying they are getting hard to find, I would be surprised if you would be able to find that many of them today. I'll send you my E-mail address on a private message. Looking forward to seeing the pics! I first came across one in a field in Montana about 12 years ago and had never seen one before. That peaked my curiosity and started me on the path to owning one. Attached is a pic of the one I saw in Montana. It has sat for quite a long time now.

Cheers,

Joe

post-56631-143142737167_thumb.jpg

Guest 51c8Joe
Hello, I am searching for other 1935 Pontiac owners . . . . I purchased a 1935 Pontiac coupe a few years ago with about a 30 year old restoration on it and I am getting it ready to go back on the road and would like to hear from other owners of the 1935 Pontiacs. There don't seem to be many around so if you have one or have an interest in them let me know and we can try and keep in touch about our cars,

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, I've got a 35 slantback 4 door in East Tennessee. Been fixing stuff for past two years-wood, rusty door bottoms, paint, interior and glass. Just about finished and should be back on the road next month. I've found everything I needed except the gasket between the headlight stand and bucket. Mine fell apart while being dismantled and the mechanic threw them away. I cannot find anyone who knows where to find them. I've offered to have them reproed if I can find a decent one, but no luck. My fix is a foam pad cut to shape. Works, but I know it's ,not right and it drives me nuts.

Also Joe

Nice to hear there are some 1935 Pontiacs in Australia! If you can, post a picture of your car, it would be great to see.

Do you have trouble finding parts for your car in Australia?

Cheers,

Joe

Mine may be the last one in Australia for all I know, I don't know of any others. I will post a picture soon, it is a sedan, last on the road in 1966, a true barn find and totally original. Parts are very hard to find, I have to bring everything in from the states, some things were different on the aussie cars though which makes it difficult.

Joe, I've got a 35 slantback 4 door in East Tennessee. Been fixing stuff for past two years-wood, rusty door bottoms, paint, interior and glass. Just about finished and should be back on the road next month. I've found everything I needed except the gasket between the headlight stand and bucket. Mine fell apart while being dismantled and the mechanic threw them away. I cannot find anyone who knows where to find them. I've offered to have them reproed if I can find a decent one, but no luck. My fix is a foam pad cut to shape. Works, but I know it's ,not right and it drives me nuts.

Also Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for replying . . . . I checked to see if I have any old fender pads for a template and I don't, but I'll take another look and if I find any I'll let you know. If you can post a picture of your car, it's always great to see the other 1935 Pontiacs . . . . .sounds like you have done a lot of work getting it ready to go,

Cheers,

Joe

Mine may be the last one in Australia for all I know, I don't know of any others. I will post a picture soon, it is a sedan, last on the road in 1966, a true barn find and totally original. Parts are very hard to find, I have to bring everything in from the states, some things were different on the aussie cars though which makes it difficult.

Sounds like an interesting car . . . . What are some of the differences?

The bodies are different on the Aussie cars, they were locally built. Most of the American cars seem to be slant back or in later years slopers, in Australia most bodies were hump back. Mechanically they appear to be the same as the U.S. cars with only minor differences due to being right hand drive.

imagejpg5_zpsc1d4eea5.jpg

imagejpg7_zps78fb1ba0.jpg

imagejpg11_zps2fbdc20a.jpg

imagejpg10_zpsd5e3a5c7.jpg

Wow! That car looks great! And it helps to settle a discussion I had with a few friends regarding Right hand drive Pontiacs . . . . they do exist. Your car is in really good shape. The body does look a little different from other sedans I have seen, is the round panel to the lower Left of the licence plate the gas refueling door? If so, I haven't noticed that before. It's neat to see the interior set-up for the Right hand drive . . . . the trim pieces around the bottom of the windows is nice as is the leather on the seats . . . . is the leather original to the car?

And no rust on the car is really nice to see . . . .

Thanks for the pics, the car looks great,

Cheers,

Joe

Yes, right hand drive pontiacs do indeed exist, all my cars except the 32 are original right hand drive. The panel below the trunk is actually the full width of the back and holds the spare wheel, it just doesn't show well in the photo, the gas tank neck comes out on the right rear fender. All the interior is original to the car, I'm currently drowning the seats in leather conditioner to try and soften them a little. The only rust on the car is a little on the right hand running board, only very minor.