Fender skirts for Buick 53 Model 56R

Model 56R

What are the dimensions of your rear fender opening?

I have a pair of metal (not fiberglass) skirts that I bought years ago at a Buick Nationals. The seller didn't know exactly what year or models they fit since some 1950-1953 Buicks are the same, but I think there is a difference between the Specials and the Super/Roadmaster series.

I can dig them out and measure them up to see if they would fit.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

I had some time to go through my parts and thought these pics might help you out with the dimensions and an idea what I have. These appear to be made by a company that was known by the "HH" moniker rather than the Foxcraft aftermarket brand. They are of heavy-gauge metal (not fiberglass), constructed well, and have heavy-duty hardware. An hour's worth of time with a dolly/hammer should straighten out the minor dent. Otherwise, they are in good shape as you can see.

post-41556-143142729437_thumb.jpg

post-41556-143142729426_thumb.jpg

post-41556-143142729432_thumb.jpg

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

Hi Al

Thank you for information about your fender skirts , I have the car standing on my other residents I will not be going to be there for two weeks and then I can measure the openings on the rear fender.

I am interested to buy them if they fit .

What you requested for them and it is possible , and send them to Sweden .

Best Regards

Håkan Persson

Sweden

• 5 years later...

Just to update this Thread, the green fender skirts that I posted pictures above of did not match the dimensions for Håkan Persson's 1953 Buick 56R two-door hardtop. I still have them and I don't have any clue what they fit. 1954-1955 Buick?

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:45 PM, Native said:

I have just purchased the red ones above  for my 53 Roadmaster 2 door. Should know if they fit on Monday!

Are you planning on chrome plating them? You don't see many 1953 Buick Roadmasters with painted fender skirts on them because of the lower-fender stainless steel trim panels. Your pics look questionable to me as to whether they will fit although they could be a different aftermarket brand..

1-Scan-001.jpg.461d5cfc57466141e08ef012816bec4f.jpg

As a side note, if you're looking for a set of lower-fender stainless steel trim panels or interior window trim, let me know.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Since the box was labeled "1953 Buick" and they don't fit the Roadmaster 70-Series/Super 50-Series models that are the same, you're down to the only remaining 1953 Series — the 40 Series Models. Try to get a dimension from a 1953 Buick Special 40-Series (U.S.A.) or 1953 Buick Custom 40-Series (Canada) owner to verify if what you have would fit their Model with the rear-quarter panels (not bolted-on fenders). 

1365055958_1-1953BuickSpecial45R(2).jpg.431c0552ca08c64da63a3d9855bbe5fc.jpg

As a last resort, a member of the J.C. Whitney or Roy Warshawsky fan club might have the answer for you.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

Have you tried looking for a stamped alpha-numeric code on your skirts? The following was taken off a H.A.M.B. forum:

. . . Foxcraft stamped most of their skirts on the flare on the bottom of the skirts. One side will be on the bottom of the flare and the other on the inside. They used codes like: cws57 for 1957 Chevrolet / fws57-57-58 for Ford / dws –Dodge / pws- Plymouth, and similar codes for others. There are exceptions to every rule however . . .

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 1953mack said:

Have you tried looking for a stamped alpha-numeric code on your skirts? The following was taken off a H.A.M.B. forum:

. . . Foxcraft stamped most of their skirts on the flare on the bottom of the skirts. One side will be on the bottom of the flare and the other on the inside. They used codes like: cws57 for 1957 Chevrolet / fws57-57-58 for Ford / dws –Dodge / pws- Plymouth, and similar codes for others. There are exceptions to every rule however . . .

As always for me I am the exception! I cant see any stamping at all inside or out.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2014 at 2:02 PM, Model 56R said:

Hi

I wonder if there is anyone who knows where I can buy

fender skirts for my Buick Super 53 Model 56R

Håkan PerssonSweden :cool:

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:59 AM, Native said:

These are NOS Foxcraft skirts that were in the original sealed box marked to fit the 53 Buick. They do not fit my 53 Roadmaster 2door. Any idea what they might fit?

FWIW: found this ad on eBay this morning . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-53-Buick-Fender-Skirts-New-Steel-Super-And-Roadmaster/363071129908?hash=item5488b9c934:g:KG4AAOSwVVlcZGMx

• 4 months later...