ABSOLUTE AUCTION: 1928 Nash Landau Sedan SEPTEMBER 28th

Guest BluegrassAuction

Guest BluegrassAuction

Our auction gallery has taken in a 1928 Nash Landau, 320 Standard 6, from an estate, and it will be sold to the highest bidder on September 28th in our gallery in Lexington Ky.

Car is in excellent overall condition, very complete. Landau top is in great shape, has all the details from the windshield wiper to the wheels. Needs a little paint retouching but we believe much of the paint to be original. RUNS!!!! We've fired her up, the carburetor leaks gas and needs work so we didn't drive it but engine runs smooth, fires right up. She's a real beauty.

We have live simulcast and absentee internet bidding on this item so you don't have to be present to participate, car is in our gallery now for inspection.

All the details, pics, our contact info etc. are on our website: www.bluegrassauction.com

note to site moderators: I looked for rules on posting in this section and this seems to be an acceptable place to list this info, if not please advise.

Edited by BluegrassAuction (see edit history)

Nice car, but it's not a Landau Sedan (Model 328), it's a Model 320 5-Passenger Sedan. The clues to it not being a Landau Sedan are the narrow "D" pillars and lack of landau irons.

Sorry I don't have a better image, but here's an ad for the '28 Standard Six Landau Sedan (Model 328), with a greenhouse quite different aft of the rear doors from your car.

$_57.JPG

Too bad it's not the Model 328, as apparently few of the Standard Six Landaus have survived.

Here's one with a pretty heavy-handed, overly padded landau roof treatment posted on a forum in 2011...

189074.jpg

Hope your car does well at the auction.

TG

Guest BluegrassAuction

Thanks for the info. This is one of the reasons I wanted to post this here, to get it in front of people who would know about the car and catch anything we had wrong before we get up on the auction block.

The description was based on what the estate told us, but also checking the serial number of the car. We had the 320 model right (it's on the site description), not sure how the Landau part got in there. I imagine it came up that way in part of the google searching somewhere because 3 different people have looked it up (2 of them not even on our staff) and they all came up with a Model 320 but also the "Landau" descriptor.

I'll make the changes to the description, and appreciate the help and input. I think it will do well, it's certainly gotten a lot of interest.