1989 REATTA COMPLETE PARTING OUT

Guest speegt

I HAVE a 1989 buick reatta I recently bought , I thought I was gonna get it all done and drive it but ive decided to get the parts I want for my other reatta and part this one out, the motor runs great and the trans has less than 10,000 miles on it, the car is black with burgundy interior , it has the sunroof but the cables and track are all shot , the only good piece is the sunroof itself , the crt screen and the digital dash work great , the seats are in good condition with the 16 way drivers seat , the headlights work great , the abs pump unit works as it should , doors and fenders are in good condition . the drivers side seat control switch doesn't work properly , wont move seat forward . taillight looks good , also have a pretty nice taillight assembly. the headliner is gone . glovebox and center console look pretty good , let me know what you need , I can get some pics and prices . the rims are good but the center caps are missing. the bumpers are in great condition all the switches in car seem to work as well . you can text me at 330-473-0053 im in ohio . thanks

The electric sunroof motor works well to , the only thing I know for sure don't work is the blower motor for the heater and I tested motor ,it seems good so im assuming the heater control module is bad . the car starts right up and will drive , the only message on the crt screen concerns the cruise control . after doing a lot of research and work on the brakes what I figured out is because the car was parked outside for awhile with a leak around windshield , there is quite a bit of rust on the pivot point for the brake pedal after lubing it up quite a bit it has gotten some what better , but what it really needs is the whole pedal assembly removed and the rust cleaned of , it just seems to stick down when you depress the brake pedal , it don't want to return with out help . I had a mechanic check it out and that was his conclusion as well , but it appears to me as if the steering column and dash might have to come out to get up to the pedal assembly.

Guest PontiacDude210

Is the dimmer slider the same? Has it recently had the subframe bushings done? What about a good accumulator? If the hood is mint I might drive down and buy it too.

Not sure on the dimmer , subframe bushings im not sure , the guy I got the car from had 16 reattas and his family has been helping him thin them out this one sat outside for awhile . hood is not mint , the only thing I know for sure was the transmission was replaced with a new one from gm . the brake unit im gonna sell it complete . the motor sounds great in this car as well ,and so far other than the forward don't work on the drivers seat door switch all the rest seems to work. I started to redo car and just decided to get the parts for my other reatta I want and get rid of this one , it has a lot of good parts and I figure im better to part it then sell complete. if you need any more info my number is 330-473-0053 tim

• 3 weeks later...