POWER STEERING COOLER

Barney Eaton

A few northern Reatta owners have had power steering coolers rust out and need replacing. Today I picked up a PS cooler from a 94-98 Cadillac Deville and it is identical to the Reatta cooler except for the left bracket. These coolers are plentiful at the local Pick n pull and after making a small bracket it is a plug n play replacement. In fact if your cooler is rusted and junk, cut off the left bracket from your junk Reatta cooler and screw it to the Deville cooler bracket and you are back in business.

Here is a picture of the left end.... I added a cardboard cutout to show the needed Reatta bracket.

post-30596-14314272083_thumb.jpg

Awesome solution! Mine was leaking badly but luckily I had a spare on the shelf. In these Cincinnati winters, no telling how long that one will last. I may pick up one of these at my local pull and pay just in case! Wish I'd saved the bad on now for that needed bracket.

If there is an interest, I could pick up some rust free Texas parts for the less fortunate Northern owners. The price at the yard was about $10 with tax. They don't weight much but finding a box might be a problem, otherwise a standard box big enough for them might raise the shipping to more than the part cost.

Barney,

I can hardly believe that is a used part! When I had the one out of my car I used POR-15 on it to try and extend it's life a bit.

But hey, if you can get more like that, put me down for two (combined shipping to save $). Just PM or Email me via the Forum the total $ and I'll put it in your PayPal account.

In advance, thanks!

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta
We need to work out a trade arrangement between the North and South. Our cars don't rust but the sun eats up the plastic parts. Just the reverse up north.

Welcome to the party Barney,. What took you so long? :confused: