91 reatta

Guest davidmullins

The good:

No Teves ABS (Teves is a good system but expensive to repair when needed) . 91 has Bosch.

Slightly more power due to retuned engine. Larger exhaust as well.

Larger and better styled wheels.

Flame red interior color available (if you care for that)

Polo green exterior color available.

Exclusivity as they were the shortest production year of the four.

Easier to find headlamp switch versus 1990 model (1990 was one year only and Reatta only part)

Nicer looking (subjectively) instrument cluster.

Cons:

Harder to find due to very low production.

More expensive (usually) for same reason as above.

Some parts are unique to the 91 making them somewhat harder to find. ABS sensors come to mind, as they differ from the Teves system.

Somewhat decontented from the original concept, though this was true of the 90 models as well. Loss of the touch screen is one big part of this. If you don't care for the CRT, then this is no loss.

Loss of some other nice touches, like the custom molded wiring raceways in the engine bay. These were gone after 1989 though I believe. Everything went to split loom likely as cost reduction.

No illuminated entry system (on pulling up exterior door handle) as the door handles were redesigned without the switch to trigger this feature. Also lost the "halo" around the outside door lock cylinders. With remote keyless entry standard, these features became superfluous. I still kind of miss them on my 91's anyway.

I'm sure there are other pros and cons. That is my quick and dirty off the top of the head list. Just do what I do and own both. They're cheaper by the dozen these days.

KDirk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 3rdReatta

Did you find your Reatta?

I have a 91 coupe with 88,K with the 16 way seat and CD if you would be interested. White with blue interior. email as follows:

dv2@arvig.net. Located in Ft. Myers Beach.

Thanks, Don 1-507-829-9227