1925 Chevy Coupe - Help. Info and Parts Needed

Hi. I'm not very familiar with these year Chevys. Need some assistance.

We have a 25 coupe. Someone chopped the roof off along with top of doors and half of window frame. Making a roadster. It's a Poor job.

So now I'm searching for parts or parts car.

Or can anyone tell me. Will an open top Convertible window frame fit my cowl if I were to just remove the rest of the hardtop window Frame to make a cleaner look and keep an open top chopped roadster??

What all years Doors and Roof will work on our 1925?

Any info is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello oldtimelampshop, The closed car cowl is quite different from the open car cowl. You might look at making a depot hack. The closed car cowl would be a good start for that since it has a straight up and down windshield, and the open car does not. Wouldn't be too difficult to do. Send me a pm and I have a few pictures I can send back as an example.

Sorry I took so long to reply -- I thought someone more knowledgable might chime in. In that era the open bodies were made by Chevrolet, the closed bodies were supplied by Fisher. There is probably no part that is interchangeable between the open and closed bodies. They are totally different in style as well as construction. (OK, I'm sure someone will come up with an obscure trim part or something in common, but in general I'll stick with my statement.)

On the coupe the top was formed in wood and covered with cloth batting and a rubberized roofing material. It would be easily(?) reconstructed if you can find a pair of coupe doors. Doors from the 2-door sedan look similar, you would have to check dimensions, and the 1926 models appear to be identical to 1925. I have not had a 1925 or 1926 Chevy so don't know any of this for sure. For more expert advice go to the forum at VCCA.org .

Don

• 3 weeks later...