1962 Skylark Convertible

parkertom

Well, I wasn't in the market for a car considering I just picked up a 60 LeSabre in July that I have been putting some time into. But, I happened upon this for sale locally and when I saw the condition, I couldn't pass it up. The body is pretty much rust free with the exception of a small spot on the inner rocker. The 215 runs great and the auto trans shifts nicely.

The convertible top has a couple rips in the outer shell and will need replaced at some point, the seats need some minor repair and the carpet seems a little worn in the rear. I like finding cars that are pretty much all original. Will enjoy cleaning it up real good and driving it. The 30 year old tires will need to go and I may need to rebuild or replace the master cylinder.

post-94858-143142719215_thumb.jpg

post-94858-143142719211_thumb.jpg

post-94858-143142719213_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

That vintage Skylark are great driving cars, small enough that they are comfortable to drive regularly on contemporary road and traffic. I had a 61 coupe and would regularly pull 20 mpg traveling. Tons of comments as well.

• 10 months later...

I had put this car up for sale over the winter. I had just decided I didn't have the time to give it the attention and use it needed. My grandfather was going to purchase it, but I changed my mind and decided to keep it.

Finally got around to replacing the master cylinder today. Much better brake pressure. The new tires arrived two weeks ago and I am going to get them mounted soon. Looking forward to driving it a bit more while working on my 60 LeSabre. May be time for my 69 Caprice to go to make garage space and so it doesn't sit too much.

• Like 1