For Sale: 1938 State Commander Sedan

I got this car a couple of years ago from a friend who needed to make space. He was actually talking about junking it, but I think the car is WAY too good for that ignoble fate...

The good: looks to be totally complete except for the headlamp inserts/covers, tail lamp lenses and grill badge.

The bad: engine is stuck, driver's side floor board and lower trunk lid have major rust issues. The driver's side rain gutter is pretty well rusted away and the right front fender has some poorly repaired impact damage, but otherwise the body seems miraculously solid and straight. I've put some penetrating oil down the spark plug holes and remain ever hopeful...

As I understand it the car was in restored condition as some point, but then was left exposed in in a backyard in a very damp and foggy area of the city. Last registration sticker on the license plate dates from 1980. I do have a title for this car, but it's not in my name.

I really hate to part company with this car. Even though it's rusty, krusty and kind of sad looking now it still gladdens my heart to see those beautiful, sweeping front fenders sitting in my shop. Unfortunately I need to recover the space in my shop and make some room so this car needs to go. I think this car is savable (and I wish I had the wherewithal for the job...) or an excellent donor for a restoration, at least it's parts could be used to bring back another example of this beautiful, art deco model. Car is located in San Francisco and I'd like to get $500for it, but any reasonable offer will be considered. Please contact me off list if interested. Please don't let this beautiful and unusual model go to the crusher, it deserves to be saved!

Regards-HW

PS -- I have more photos or can take specific photos of anything you want to see, lemme know!

post-103053-143142718368_thumb.jpg

post-103053-143142718356_thumb.jpg

post-103053-143142718363_thumb.jpg