drivers side seat problem

Guest speegt

ok on this 1989 reatta im working on it has the 2 seat controllers , one on seat ,one on door , I cant get seat to go forward and the seat is all the way back . I can hear a noise when I push the back but nothing when I hit forward , I was gonna remove seat and take a look but I cant get to the rear bolts that hold seat down any ideas or help ?

I am away from my car, but I am pretty sure that the controls for front and back are on the door. If they are I would start there. I have found the connectors like to let wires loose. Below is a connector that will work if this is your issue. If it is I would replace the connector or you will find yourself taking the door panel off way too often as I did for a couple years.

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/seat-switch-connector-375861.html

ok I went out and messed with it and what I found out was there is no power going out of switch to the motor for forward , I jumped the power to the forward wire and the seat worked fine , so is the problem the forward control ?

You can contact one of the parts vendors listed in the thread here titled "Reatta Resources". The same switch was used for all 4 years of Reatta production, 88-93 Riviera and 88-89 Oldsmobile Toronado and Trofeo. 90-93 Toro and Trofeo had switches that will work fine but have black actuators instead of chrome ones like the Reatta. Passenger side switch is identical to drivers in all models listed above.

KDirk