Parting out a 1963 Electra

Paul from PA

I picked up a 1963 Electra four door hardtop for the drivetrain and have no use for what's left. Anyone need anything? Front and rear trim is bad and there may not be anything of use to anyone but I thought I would put it out there. Does have power windows, power seat and trunk release. I can't post a price as I don't know what someone wants but prices would be very reasonable.

Front bumper is tweaked and I would not recommend for a re core. Grille is pretty rusty. Pete I will check the map light and socket. Radiator was holding fluid and I will look it over when it is out. Jack stuff, I will look. John I know drivers side window works, I will check other switches. Drive train is going in my black 63 Riviera.

Motor and transmission are now out and I got a better look at the car yesterday as it is not at my house. Pete, no jack and the map light is broken. There is no battery in it but if someone is still interested in the power window set up I can see if they work. Drivers fender is bent and currently of the car. Trunk release set up is still in the glove box and I don't know what to look for in the trunk to see if it is complete.post-75523-143142725508_thumb.jpg

post-75523-143142725479_thumb.jpg

post-75523-143142725479_thumb.jpg

post-75523-143142725508_thumb.jpg

Motor and transmission are now out and I got a better look at the car yesterday as it is not at my house. Pete, no jack and the map light is broken. There is no battery in it but if someone is still interested in the power window set up I can see if they work. Drivers fender is bent and currently of the car. Trunk release set up is still in the glove box and I don't know what to look for in the trunk to see if it is complete.

Fenders look worse than mine - pass there.

For the vacuum trunk setup, the only important components are the pull knob release in the glovebox with the bracket and screws that go with it, and then the actual release can in the truck. It mounts inside the latch support right behind the key opening/under the latch. From the service manual:

post-97346-14314272561_thumb.jpg

And the unit looks like this:

post-97346-143142725603_thumb.jpg

The vacuum tubing is frequently cracked and easy to replace, anyway.

post-97346-143142725603_thumb.jpg

post-97346-14314272561_thumb.jpg