FOR SALE: Master cylinder, fits 1963-66 Rivieras (drum brakes)

Adambravo

post-70767-143142713534_thumb.jpg

So, I was having some brake issues (pedal going to the floor) on my 1963 Riviera, and ordered a variety of parts, including the master cylinder (shown here). Then, my mechanic said I needed a booster as well--but the problem was that I couldn't find a booster anywhere, only a booster/master cylinder combination. Unfortunately, by the time we figured this out, the shop had lost the original packaging for the first master cylinder I purchased, and I couldn't return it. Brand spanking new, never installed, $100 including free shipping to the continental US (other locations negotiable). Prefer Paypal, will take a personal check (or, if you're in the Detroit area, we can arrange a live meet and I'll drop $10 off the price). Message me if interested. Thanks!

• 10 months later...

The master cylinder you need is from a '67 Riviera with the drum/drum brakes.  There's a complete how-to on this procedure in the Tech Tips section of the Riviera Owners Assn. website.  There's a link to the website in my signature block.

Ed

Guest Healeybob1

I have the disc drum brake conversion. I believe it is a different MC?

I believe it is a Cardone 10-1328. Deep hole for use with a bendix booster? Is the Bendix unit what came with it?

I just put a '67 drum/drum master cylinder on my stock '64 booster.  No problems.  I talked to Booster Dewey about it and all that I needed to do was to sue the cupped washer from the '64 master cylinder on the '67 master cylinder.

Ed

post-93305-0-23412100-1438542569_thumb.j