who would have a 1928 standard 6 Dodge

I assume from what I can see in the pics that you are in NZ. The simple answer on value is not as much as you might hope. My guess is somewhere around $10-15K (NZ) assuming it is registered and in good running order. A look through trademe shows several cars of this era that have been for sale for a while. This was a one-year-only model sold at the lower end of the market (the sedan was US$895 compared with the Victory Six at $1095). Its introduction coincided with the Chrysler takeover of Dodge and the new, more modern looking, Desoto filled the Standard Six's slot in the market.

• 1 year later...

Go back to the main AACA General Discussion and scroll down to the "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" section and ask there. There are at least 30 or so of those in the Dodge Brothers Club.

• 5 months later...

I have a Dodge Standard Six, but a 1929, J number on the frame and motor. Mechanical brakes, Monroe shocks. Looks like original color was Blue. Has the chrome lights and trim on the cowl.  Wooden wheels. 

Carburetor and distributor both falling apart. 

29D.JPG

I'm helping a friend who wants to restore a 1928 Victory Six sedan.  It's had an older "restoration", so we need to do research to determine what's correct.  The radiator shell was painted the body color which I don't think is correct.  Also, the headlights should be the drum-type. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2016 at 10:30 PM, db17 said:

I have a Dodge Standard Six, but a 1929, J number on the frame and motor. Mechanical brakes, Monroe shocks. Looks like original color was Blue. Has the chrome lights and trim on the cowl.  Wooden wheels. 

Carburetor and distributor both falling apart. 

29D.JPG

I thought that all Mopar had juice brakes from 1927?