FOR SALE - LASALLE V8 IGNITION WIRE CONDUITS AND DISTRIBUTOR CAP

Guest mikeburch

Guest mikeburch

I have these V8 ignition wire conduits, which I believe are for a 30s LaSalle engine, maybe Cadillac, too. ???

Am I correst ? You should know.

$45.00 plus estimated postage.

Thank you,

mikeburch

post-61922-14314270851_thumb.jpg

post-61922-143142708516_thumb.jpg

post-61922-14314270852_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are not for a 31 Cadillac.( I don't think they are 31 LaSalle either but not sure.) The Cadillac arrangement (pictured) is just one tube. The wires all enter the tube in the middle of it right behind the distributor and exit out both ends of that same tube. The tube ends just inside of the covers with the large chrome knobs. The covers simply cover the wires that are exposed from that point to their respective spark plugs. I believe the tube was the same on 31 LaSalles, but the LaSalles did not have the covers with the knobs - the wires were just out in the open after exiting the tube. Note also the different type distributor cap.

post-100467-143142730372_thumb.jpg

post-100467-143142730383_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that it could be had both ways.

If you did not have covers then you got the arrangement that MIKEBURCH has and the tubes in your photos with the covers.

All that said I have also seen some sketchy info that the short tubes and covers are for 1931 only but some owners put them on their earlier cars when this style came out.

I am old but I was not there during that era sooooooooo!

• 4 weeks later...

I was at a show today and there was a 1929 Cadillac V8 there which had a cap, tubes and wires that appeared identical to yours to me. No wire covers were used. Matt Harwood ( Harwood Motors) posts on this forum often and he owns a 29 Cadillac. Perhaps if you PM him, he can verify. You may have just been off by one year.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...