Stromberg EE-22 Carburetor

Budensor

The Studebaker President models with 337 cu in engines in 1932 and 1933 also used a Stromberg EE-22. There were fewer than 5,000 of these cars and not many survived, so finding a carb may not be too easy. Perhaps the Float Fulcrum Screw, Stromberg part P-17939, was used in other carbs, as well. See the attached diagram of the carb from the Studebaker parts manual. The part numbers shown are Stromberg numbers. The crossover list shows the Studebaker part number for the screw as 179406. You might try The Carburetor Shop to see if they have the Stromberg part number, (573) 392-7378 (8-4:30 Mon-Thurs central time). Good luck!

post-47871-143142706812_thumb.png

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)

The Studebaker President models with 337 cu in engines in 1932 and 1933 also used a Stromberg EE-22. There were fewer than 5,000 of these cars and not many survived, so finding a carb may not be too easy. Perhaps the Float Fulcrum Screw, Stromberg part P-17939, was used in other carbs, as well. See the attached diagram of the carb from the Studebaker parts manual. The part numbers shown are Stromberg numbers. The crossover list shows the Studebaker part number for the screw as 179406. You might try The Carburetor Shop to see if they have the Stromberg part number, (573) 392-7378 (8-4:30 Mon-Thurs central time). Good luck!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]268044[/ATTACH]

Gary,

Thank you so much for the info.

But I call the carburetor shop Tuesday the person I talked too was rude ! he they only worked on 4 barrel carburetors and had no time to fool any thing else because they where work 7 days a week and could not keep up. I found a Pin that fit Stromberg #97 that they make NEW part number K9558 and looks like what I need. I've order one of them it was only $4.95 + Shipping maybe it's the same.

Thanks again so much !

Bud Ensor

I don't know what carburetor shop you called, but it wasn't us. We sell parts for virtually ALL carburetors 1974 back to 1897. Not too many 4 barrel carbs in 1897.

Sorry that someone in the business was rude to you.

But I can certainly identify with the working 7 days a week and not being able to keep up.

Jon Hardgrove, owner, The Carburetor Shop LLC (in Missouri),

Jon,

I'm very sorry that I got your company mixed up with those people out in California. I got the internet found out that you were in Missouri. Someone else the other day on here gave me their link on the internet. And I got their number and call them. That when the guy got so rude ! We don't need those type of people in our hobby. I've been in Sales for 42 years and if I have problems they aren't my customer problems ! They should feel bless and hire more people. I would not want to do business with some felt that way. Because I probable would not get the service I was looking for anyway !

Guys thank you so very much for you help !

Bud Ensor

QUOTE=carbking;1337857]I don't know what carburetor shop you called, but it wasn't us. We sell parts for virtually ALL carburetors 1974 back to 1897. Not too many 4 barrel carbs in 1897.

Sorry that someone in the business was rude to you.

But I can certainly identify with the working 7 days a week and not being able to keep up.

Jon Hardgrove, owner, The Carburetor Shop LLC (in Missouri),