Front windshield

Guest decampos

Guest decampos

Only hearing the 'walk away if the windscreen is cracked' advice after I bought the car, Does any one have or know of a decent windshield for sale? Any leads, please do get in touch.

Thanks,

Ben (SoCal)

If you can get to Riverside or Ontario LKQ You Pick yards there is a Reatta in each one. What you do is check out the car, if you like the windshield ask if the yard removes them and what they charge. Be sure they understand they must leave the weatherstrip on the windshield. If they don't remove windshields, contract with a glass shop to remove it and install it in your car [maybe while you wait at the yard]. The yard might recommend someone.

If you go please contact me as I need a couple of parts. You can P.M. [private message] through this site. Just click on my name. Thanks.

You have to move fast as I have heard California yards only keep the cars for a short time and then crush them.

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

An additional thought at the U Pull Its is very often there are folks there, not employees, that are willing to pull glass or any other parts a person might need. Ask folks near you.

What a lot of them do is cut the hood release cable and then use the inside cable as a wire to cut out the windshield.