1925 Model R

Guest Steve Jansen

Guest Steve Jansen

I have owned this car which is a 3dr. since 2010 and hate to admit it but just noticed a 1" hole on each front fender. They are about 1" behind the head light bar. Can't figure if they are stock and what they would be used for. They are so perfect it is hard to believe that some back yard do it yourselfer drilled them.

Edited by Steve Jansen (see edit history)

Guest Steve Jansen

There are many things about this car that I don't have answers for. My headlights are fed by a flex conduit out of each side of the rad. housing. also the rear fenders look like they were from a sedan. I wonder if Hupmobile didn't use parts left over from the 1924 models. I have talked to two other 3dr.

owners and they also have the same questions so I think this was done at the factory and not at a body shop.

Being the last year that the Model R was produced, the 8cyl Model E & the 6 cyl model A were produced also, the 1st year of the A and 2nd year of the E. Its easy to believe that hupp used up all the spare left over parts from 1924 and used them on the 1925 Model R. Another little tid bit. I had a 1923 Willys Knight 3 Dr sedan & I think Hupp & Willys Knight may have bought their 3dr bodies from the same company. Here is a pic before I sold it., I still have a1923 Willys Knight Roadster Pickup in the resto process.

post-60296-143142713785_thumb.jpg

post-60296-143142713795_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Steve Jansen

I thought my starter went out so after removing it I found the starter was ok but several teeth on the ring gear are almost gone. Is this ring gear removable off the flywheel or will it take a new flywheel? Want to get the parts before the work begins. Are there any parts out there? Looks like the starter drive unit (bendix) is also shot.