1929 Model M -8 CYL.

Otahuhu

Should the vacuum pipe that leads from the vacuum pump that is mounted below the oil pump to the Stewart vacuum tank contain oil at the sump level of the pipe? When looking at the vacuum pump underside while facing the front of the car what side is the pump outlet on ( left or Right) I presume this is an oil vacuum type pump? Hence the oil in the line

Should the vacuum pipe that leads from the vacuum pump that is mounted below the oil pump to the Stewart vacuum tank contain oil at the sump level of the pipe? When looking at the vacuum pump underside while facing the front of the car what side is the pump outlet on ( left or Right) I presume this is an oil vacuum type pump? Hence the oil in the line

The oil ,gear pump. has a.100 in hole to let oil to the vane pump . The oil is put back in the pan with the short pipe. As vane pump turns a vacuum is made to the oil vac tank. . Steward tanks shut the vacuum off when the tank is full of gas. The correct tank is a OIL VAC TANK hard to find when gas is full the vacuum on this not stopped but let out to the air. I have my l6 running with a OIL VAC TANK it may be the only car running as the factory made it . This was only used 1929-30. JOHN