Regarding 63 Rivieras

spraybob

Hello Fellow Riviera Lovers.

After a prolonged absence. I still seem to be in the same boat, and I don't mean "boat-tail". have been on before with, what I'm thinking, an early Riv. FB5535 with a 10E production code.

Unfortunately, my engine is the problem. It seems to be a 4Ixxxxxx which would make it a 1962 engine.

It's a car you just get attached to the first time you see it. It seems to be a survivor with a number of cosmetic changes. Time and money should get it back to original.

Welcome back. The engine in your car should not present you with any problems. It's the same cubic inch, horsepower, and torque of the original engine.

Built in the 5th week (E) of October (10) and it was the 5,535th Riviera built for the '63 model year.

The J2 beside the trim code indicates that it has the power seat, the 778 trim code indicates red leather. I couldn't make out all of the codes on the data plate but the I6 is tinted windows, N2 is air conditioning, and Z4 is remote trunk release. I can't make out the other codes, the picture is too fuzzy.

Typical of an early production Riviera - plain dash board, 120 mph speedometer.

Other options, like tilt wheel, power antenna, etc. will not appear on the data plate.

Good luck getting it to where you want it, post some more pictures and we can tell you some more about it.

Ed