Off topic camera question

Rusty_OToole

I have an old Kodak Easyshare CX7300 camera. It must be 10 years old and has over 100 photos on it. The problem is, every time I try to download new pics into my computer, it automatically downloads ALL OF THEM starting with the oldest.

This takes a long time and I have to delete 100 or more photos to leave the one I want.

Is there any way to get around this short of deleting all the photos off the camera?

Update. Went through and deleted about 100 photos, still have over 200 left that I want to keep.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Guest Bob Call

Rusty

In addition to the software that comes with the camera I sometimes use Picasa 3 which is a free download from Google. In Picasa you select IMPORT on the toolbar and it will show you all devices attached to your computer that have picture files. Select your camera from the drop down menu and the software will prompt for an album (folder) name where it will store the imported images. If you don't enter an album name the software will create one named with the current date. All the images will be selected to download and thumbnails will be shown on the screen. If you don't want to download images, go to the EDIT on the toolbar and click on deselect. You can then go through the thumbnails and click to select the ones you want to download.

I did as you said and it is importing all 212 pictures one by one, even though all but a dozen are already on file and the "exclude duplicates" box is checked. While this is going on none of the controls on the control panel work.

Later. After downloading all the pics it only put the new ones in a new file. I guess that is how it is supposed to work.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Does it have a card or san disc you can take out? If so just buy a new disc. I think they are around 10.00 and use that. Put the one you have now off to the side and use it only when you want to take photos you want to save. Makes it easy to delete as well as you can just delete all photos in one step to start from scratch.

I use a Canon Power Shot A560 that my wife bought me when my old camera died about 5 years ago. I take 50-100 photos every night for ebay. (that averages out to around 100,000 photos) I usually just use the low resolution setting so the photos load quickly. So far it's the best Camera I have ever owned. So much I have worn the finish off half of it. Takes a san disc card. I would buy another in a heartbeat if this one ever gave up. I think mine was around 70.00 then. Probably atleast 20.00 cheaper by now as technology ages it gets cheaper.

I use a Canon Power Shot A560 that my wife bought me when my old camera died about 5 years ago. I take 50-100 photos every night for ebay. (that averages out to around 100,000 photos) I usually just use the low resolution setting so the photos load quickly. So far it's the best Camera I have ever owned. So much I have worn the finish off half of it. Takes a san disc card. I would buy another in a heartbeat if this one ever gave up. I think mine was around 70.00 then. Probably atleast 20.00 cheaper by now as technology ages it gets cheaper.

I use the Canon PowerShotA520 and it has been the absolute BEST little digital camera ever.