Early Dodge horn ID

db17

Does your car have a reinforcement spot welded to the engine side of the firewall where the horn bracket is bolted? It would be visible if the bracket is removed. Not all cars had the reinforcement, I'd like to establish when it started. What month was your car built? I think this is the Adams Bagnel horn, not used very long and hard to find. My May of 1918 sedan has the reinforcement and holes for this bracket, but the Klaxon horn is mounted on the head. Was one of many change overs happening at this time.

Thanks for responding nearchoclatetown,

I looked at my firewall and there are is no reinforcement visible. There are two round head screws with square nuts holding the two part bracket.

My car was manufactured between Feb 25 and Mar. 27, 1917. I agree I have not seen to many of these horns around on e-bay. I've seen some that resemble what I need but without details; i.e. name, dimensions etc., I don't want to buy. I want my DB to look like it just rolled off the assembly line. Thanks Again, Steve

According to the Design Changes for the Dodge Brothers 4 Cyl Cars on 4/30/17 car number 150000 the F207 Bracket was added to the cowl. (not sure if this is the horn reinforcement). Then sometime between 1/1/18 -1/2/18 cars 217926 - 217968 they started using Klaxon horn Type 5 and changed the vacuum tank bracket for the horn too.

Hope this helps. Jay

HI Guys, I got some info on the mystery horn. Invented my William M. Horton, of Cleveland Ohio. patent applied for July 19, 1916, patented May 20,1919. If interested look up patent # 1,303,901.

By the way, I'm still looking for this horn for my car. Please Help

Thanks, Db17

This are pictures on the frame rails of the rag top I'll looking for. Hope they help

Thanks, db17

I'll need more info. What exact parts are you needing (part of a bracket, or the rails ).

This is the sort of thing I have to sort through just to give you an idea why I need more info if you can provide it.

Take a look, maybe you'll recognize something in the photos.

post-69994-143142712372_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143142712339_thumb.jpg

This are pictures on the frame rails of the rag top I'll looking for. Hope they help

Thanks, db17[ATTACH=CONFIG]268596[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]268597[/ATTACH][/i was part of this mystery. The CCGCo. is Cortland Carriage Goods Co., from N.Y. makers of the metal frame. The paten used was from a German man named Gould from 1911 for a One Man top bow assembly. QUOTE]

Thanks, db17[ATTACH=CONFIG]268596[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]268597[/ATTACH][/i was part of this mystery. The CCGCo. is Cortland Carriage Goods Co., from N.Y. makers of the metal frame. The paten used was from a German man named Gould from 1911 for a One Man top bow assembly. QUOTE]

What a gold mine, I mean stuff!!

I have no top at all. I purchased the car without any frames, brackets, canvas. I have nothing to go by. If you need measurements a friend of mine has a frame I could measure from. He's about an hour and a half drive from me. If you need specifics let me know.

Thanks db17.

What a gold mine, I mean stuff!!

I have no top at all. I purchased the car without any frames, brackets, canvas. I have nothing to go by. If you need measurements a friend of mine has a frame I could measure from. He's about an hour and a half drive from me. If you need specifics let me know.

Thanks db17.

If you don't mined, could you revel where this place is? I sure would like to plan a vacation there.

Thanks,