WHAT IS THIS EARLY CDCP MARKED PIECE ?

Guest mikeburch

Looks like a clutch pedal to me. Pretty early as it has an iron pedal that doesn't look like it takes a cover. DDCP would be Mopar My guess is Dodge Truck about 34-38 Vintage by the 600,000 part number. Maybe even Plymouth truck as Plymouth used alot of the 600,000 numbers. What is the exact number? Just a wild guess so far.

Guest mikeburch

auburnseeker, keiser41 ........................

Thank you for your input.

Perhaps, later, today, I will be able to look at the part number, with a magnifing glass, and report back.

mikeburch

Guest mikeburch

auburnseeker, keiser31 .................

The Part Number to this pedal is:

625170-1, Followed by what looks like a Maltese Cross.

Thank you,

mikeburch

You are probably right on the starter pedal as I would think the clutch pedal would have had a rubber pad by the early 30's.

It also would be a larger, more square piece if it was a clutch pedal.

I believe it is too small to be a clutch pedal. The number is newer than 1934. Here is a starter pedal....

Sure looks like a starter pedal to me too and the number is higher (newer) than I see in my '34 Plymouth parts book so I agree that it is likely newer than '34.

I don't see that number in my '36-'48 Plymouth parts book either.

What is this early CDPD pedal ?

Thank you,

mikeburch

1934 Dodge Passenger parts list shows this STARTER PEDAL fits late 1934 Dodge DR-DS, after engine DR8096.

1934 Dodge Truck KC KCL parts list shows this fits late 1934 Dodge KC, KCL after engine T5-5237

This part number appears in 1929-39 Dodge Passenger parts list as well as 1929-39 Plymouth parts list which says 1933-34 Ply however the models Prior to 1934 does not list this number for 1933

Not near my 34 Ply parts list but confident it will show late 1934 Plymouth.

Do not understand why folks chime in when they don't take time to research. . .

...Not near my 34 Ply parts list but confident it will show late 1934 Plymouth.

My '34 Plymouth part book is an early edition (does not have the PG, etc.). If it was a late part then that explains why my book does not have it.

1934 Dodge Passenger parts list shows this STARTER PEDAL fits late 1934 Dodge DR-DS, after engine DR8096.

1934 Dodge Truck KC KCL parts list shows this fits late 1934 Dodge KC, KCL after engine T5-5237

This part number appears in 1929-39 Dodge Passenger parts list as well as 1929-39 Plymouth parts list which says 1933-34 Ply however the models Prior to 1934 does not list this number for 1933

Not near my 34 Ply parts list but confident it will show late 1934 Plymouth.

A close guess that puts one looking in the right direction is better than no guess and another mystery part in the junk pile.

My parts books are all at the shop where I have no Internet service!

The close guess on the Toyota grille I posted in this forum put me searching in the right direction where a simple minute long search lead me right to the exact year.

Before that I spent an hour not even coming close.

Guest mikeburch

I appreciate all answers to my question. Two (or more) heads are always better than one. And not everyone has the right books to research. Most people, who do have the correct books, don't want to bother. Thank you, dep5 !

We, now, know what it is, and I hope to get it into the correct hands, to get it back on the road again, instead of putting it into the re-cycle pile.

Thanks to all of you,

mikeburch

Edited by mikeburch (see edit history)