Authenticity

Guest jims41LC

Guest jims41LC

A couple of things:

First, I sent in my membership stuff and fee for LZOC about 6 weeks ago. Still awaiting confirmation. Hope to hear back soon.

I ordered an Authenticity Manual from Charles Blais, the curator of such. It has been over a month since I ordered it and have sent an inquiry to him , but not heard back. Anyone know what my expectation on delivery should be? Seems a bit slow, since it is paid for.

Also , since my Judging, I have been researching parts to fulfill the requirements, while awaiting the aforementioned Authenticity Manual. So far, so good except I was dinged for no rear stone deflector. According to the Official Chassis Parts Catalogue, rear bumper stone deflectors didn't start until 1942. None listed for 40-41. If there are 40-41's with them, they must have been added later it seems to me.

Now , lastly, anyone have a good source for a rear trunk carpet kit? Mine is apparently the wrong color and needs to be a beige type color.

Thanks as usual to this great forum.

Hey Jim, the master parts catalog on page 306 list three "cover assembly (rear bumper hanger) numbers 06H 17808, 16H 178and 2hH 17808 which show the cove plates (rear stone deflector) being used on all Lincolns and Continentals since 1939. Very rare units. Most get mangled and never got replaced after rear end collisions.

You are not the only one to complain about the LCOC authenticity manual supplier. Another LZOC member has had is check cashed over two months ago and still waiting the manual and even a reply to his emails. Maybe a phone call to the LCOC president might stir up some action. Something needs to be done.

As for your inquiry about trunk material...contact a national vendor by the name of Bill Hirsch who has been supplying trunk material for eons. Contact him at www.billhirschauto.com. Tell what you need. Should be able to help. Have fun..

If you need any further authenticity questions before you get your "authenticity manual", give me a holler.

Email me at johnandmarjorae@embarqmail.com

Update. I ordered the Manual back in mid May, the check was cashed on the 30th of May, I sent two or three emails over the summer with no answer, this morning I noticed that the $65 that I sent in was deposited back into my account with not so much as a howdy do. I am irritated, what kind of operation is the LCOC running, I need the authenticity manual and those guys are completely non-responsive. By the way, I noticed on their forum that us V-12 guys are not singled out, even the new car guys are not getting theirs either, I guess it is equal opportunity bad service for all of us Continental owners from the LCOC.

Guest jims41LC

So I guess the question is what to do next? I am thinking of contacting the executive board of the LCOC and see if they can help. I am also very disappointed about the service on the manuals. Considering these are the " Holy Grail" of authenticity and constantly quoted as such, they shoud be a bit more accessible.

BTW I got my TWOZ last week ,so at least I am ok with the LZOC.

Guest jimreid
So I guess the question is what to do next? I am thinking of contacting the executive board of the LCOC and see if they can help. I am also very disappointed about the service on the manuals. Considering these are the " Holy Grail" of authenticity and constantly quoted as such, they shoud be a bit more accessible.

BTW I got my TWOZ last week ,so at least I am ok with the LZOC.

why cant some one make you a copy

Surprise! Just got an answer to my August 8th email and Charlie, he said that he never received the check. I sent him a message this morning asking if the manual is still available and if I can order it. I will let you know his response as soon as I hear back from him.

Ron

Guest 65Starfire

I have tried to order them as well but never get a response. On e the check cleared once it did not both times I never got the manual. What is Charlie's email? Thanks

Guest jims41LC

The email I have for Charles Blais is mrlncn@aol.com. I have sent a couple of messages to him, no replies.

I have checked my bank, and the check I sent on July 19 still hasn't cleared. So I guess I will have to break down and call Charles , and see if he got it. If not, then I will cancel that one and confirm the address and re-send.