cracked dash ( padded dash )

Joseph44

Hi Guys: I have a dash question: Can a padded dash with a 3/4 inch crack be fixed without having to replace the whole pad? Any help would be greatly appreciated and everyone have a great wk!!

Not really. There are products available that use a small heating element to melt new vinyl into place, but those are marginal for small punctures. The reality is that the dash is cracked because the vinyl is dried up. Unless you have very low standards, a patch will never look good. There are molded plastic covers available that completely cover the padded dash. I'd use one for a driver, but not for a car that I cared about. They look like hard plastic covers. Unfortunately, you won't find a new dash for your 76 (assuming that's what you're asking about). Good used or a recover are your only options. If you go the recover route, don't expect a lot of change back from a $1000 bill.

Hi Joe: Here we are again you are a big help! So if I must replace the olds dash do you have a recommendations I want the olds show quality even if # don't match. So thanks again Joe for your help I appreciate your time!!

Well, any used dash has the same problem of old and dried vinyl, so unless the used part has been stored indoors for a long time, you may end up with similar cracks not too long after installing it. Getting it recovered by one of the vendors like Just Dashes will look show-quality, but will cost a ton. Your call.