Dimensions of 1937 Indian Chief

STuTZ693

Can't find the actual overall for the 37 but my 48 is about 8' fender tip to fender tip. I put it on a 7' long open trailer but have to angle it into the corners. The trailer has a lower rail height so the fenders can hang over it. In a truck bed the front wheel would need blocked back so the fender has no chance of hitting the bed.

The wheel base on the 48 is about 64" give or take one then add another foot in the radius of the front tire/fender and you're at about 6'5 feet front fender tip to rear tire center so the rear tire may extend onto the tailgate but it might work especially if you can angle the bike at all. No way it will fit with tailgate up. Seeing other 37s with mine, I say its at least as long as the 48 if not a bit longer.

37s are awesome machines. One of the most elegant timeless styling concepts Indian ever had. I hope to get one someday.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the good information. I was surprised that I could not find dimensions and weights for a 37 Chief somewhere on the internet.

I did not think it would fit well in the truck. I am going to look at a 37 and was hoping not to have to take the trailer.

Thanks again.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the good information. I was surprised that I could not find dimensions and weights for a 37 Chief somewhere on the internet.

I did not think it would fit well in the truck. I am going to look at a 37 and was hoping not to have to take the trailer.

Thanks again.

Dan,

Yea apparently publishing overall lengths in the Indian manuals was not customary back in the day. Let me know how it goes and post a pic and or details of the 37 if you get it.