1964 Riv for sale, not for the faint of heart

1965rivgs

Long story short, I agreed to finance this endevour and my son and younger brother were to do some bonding and make a car out of it again. We purchased it in the dead of winter just as it sits (we didnt take it apart!) but as circumstances always change my son is swamped with a new job and brother is caring for Mom who has become ill and requires his full attention. I`d like to see someone turn this back into a car again. Most of the necessary info is in the ad. Here`s a link:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4644186077.html

If it doesnt sell in a reasonable time period I may leverage the dynamic duo into dismantling it for parts. If you are interested in any parts please PM me but please keep in mind parting the car out is a last alternative and wont happen until I`m convinced there is no alternative. PM`s please, thanks,

Tom Mooney

Tom,

The guy that's doing the body work on my car is looking for one; I'll pass this along to him. One other question - what about an engine?

Except for installing the floors, this looks like a project that almost any back yard mechanic could handle. Just time and patience.

Ed

Tom,

The guy that's doing the body work on my car is looking for one; I'll pass this along to him. One other question - what about an engine?

Except for installing the floors, this looks like a project that almost any back yard mechanic could handle. Just time and patience.

Ed

Hi Ed,

A pro body man or tech would make a good fit for this project...might be a little much for a backyard mechanic but???

The original engine is gone. We were tossing around the idea of converting it to a 455 with an automatic OD. Had a local party interested who was considering a crate motor/custom. I could probably dig up a Nailhead from under the work bench if someone wanted to go the original type route. Time and patience...hmmm...I could use a little more of both these days,

Tom

Well that could work. Matt is currently installing an LS3 in a customers car. He just might be interested. I've already sent the CL posting to him; I'll see him Tuesday and see what he has to say.

Ed, if he needs pics of the inside rockers, wheel wells, etc that is not a problem. The body is very straight, dry, and solid...at least from a midwest perspective....but the floors are shot. Very strange but I havn`t spent much time in North Carolina, maybe that is typical? He can call with any further questions. I will be available on and off thru Tuesday. Thanks for the bump,

Tom