Gone fishing?

Laughing Coyote

I was scrolling thru the local craigslist and there is a 1965 Marlin for sale. It's an automatic with factory air car. Needs restoration of course, but wanted to know how rare are they. Never heard or seen one before. Kind of neat looking.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4606726134.html

Edited by Laughing Coyote (see edit history)

The Marlins were made by AMC ( Rambler). They were good cars and there are clubs dedicated to them. They are not particularly rare as there were quite a few produced. Being produced by an orphan company, I am not sure of the availability of parts, but would make an interesting project and a great driver when brought back to life,

That would make a cool ride. If I were closer I would go look at it. Looks like a lot of the hard to find items are there, chrome, dash, glass, especially the back window. It would sure be a project tho, and I do not know what its value would be if it was brought back to life.

Guest marlin65

As my user name implies I had two 65's when I signed on to the forum. I no longer have the cars but can attest they are neat and not often seen. One of the best road cars I've owned,smooth ride and good power. Very few were made in the final year 1967 and they were on the Anbassador chassis then. Hardest parts to find is the trunk plastic emblem and the stand-up hood ornament. Everything from the windshield forward is Rambler Classic sheetmetal. Yes there is a Marlin Club,Google it. Ed in Florida

If you look at the last picture on the CL ad for the car you can see the shadow of the hood orniment. So it looks to be intacked. The wife says no more since I have one I'm doing now. I also came across a 1965 Comet 404 2 dr with the 289 2V with factory air. It was all there and could of had that one too for about $2000 with no rust. I find stuff like this all the time out here in the desert. Thanks for all the info on it. Different, but cool. Maybe someone will buy it and restore it and not chop it all up. So many cars and not enough money, time and space.:(