1936 Roadmaster Question what is correct Lighter ( Cigarette )

Budensor

I just purchased my 1936 Roadmaster Phaeton 80C. This is one of the only missing items and I would like to find the correct Lighter as a replacement. I had some tell me it is a Cat Eye type I wist I could know for sure and see one. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes Bud, it is a Cat-eye. And clearly shown in the 1936 sales brochure. There are literally dozens of varieties at all the flea markets for all makes of cars. It is best to have a good photo of the one you wish to buy in your hand as you walk and blend with the "fleas". If you need more help let me know and good luck in your search--Bob

Hi Bud, I am away from my storage area but will be able to get to my sales brochures in a couple of days. Send me a PM with your mailing address, you should have it in a few days. Regarding your carb problem I think the fact you ran the gas tank dry you apparently picked up some loose debris from it into the fuel pump and carburetor. The EE-22 has a couple of brass plugs at the rear to facilitate draining the bowl. This should let any sediment flow out. I would do this before removing the carburetor,then take the car out and drive it, I personally think it will be okay. Also if interested, I have a spare set of 3 original 1936 Buick literature pieces, all in excellent condition. A shop manual showing all aspects of the car, a glove compartment owners manual, and the above mentioned, difficult to find sales brochure . --Bob

Hi Bud, I am away from my storage area but will be able to get to my sales brochures in a couple of days. Send me a PM with your mailing address, you should have it in a few days. Regarding your carb problem I think the fact you ran the gas tank dry you apparently picked up some loose debris from it into the fuel pump and carburetor. The EE-22 has a couple of brass plugs at the rear to facilitate draining the bowl. This should let any sediment flow out. I would do this before removing the carburetor,then take the car out and drive it, I personally think it will be okay. Also if interested, I have a spare set of 3 original 1936 Buick literature pieces, all in excellent condition. A shop manual showing all aspects of the car, a glove compartment owners manual, and the above mentioned, difficult to find sales brochure . --Bob

Bob,

Thanks your response I think your right about the carburetor and I have a shop manual and dash owners manual. I also have sales brochure and YES it shows the Lighter also what the oil filter. If have any other books you think would help me. Please let me know my email is malcolm.ensor@generalmachinery.com

Thanks Bud