1991 AACA Senior Grand National First Prize Award Winner sees the light of day again ....

Trulyvintage

When Joe called me last week to tell me what he found in Tulsa, OK he was genuinely excited ...

" Jim - you are not gonna believe the condition of this car ! "

Joe had stumbled across a vehicle that was restored in time for the 1991 AACA Awards.

It won the Senior Grand National First Prize Award.

267266d1409355087-1991-aaca-senior-grand-national-first-img_0958.jpg

Jim

post-56761-143142699027_thumb.jpg

Just to play "Devil's Advocate"; how do we know that badge did not come from another car?? This has been my problem with the awards given

by AACA. NO Vin reference is given to the badges and trophies. If a certificate with the date of award and vin was given (like all major clubs) there

would be no question on the authenticity of the award.JMHO--Larry

Just to play "Devil's Advocate"; how do we know that badge did not come from another car?? This has been my problem with the awards given

by AACA. NO Vin reference is given to the badges and trophies. If a certificate with the date of award and vin was given (like all major clubs) there

would be no question on the authenticity of the award.JMHO--Larry

Larry,

I believe 1991 was the first year for this award - the AACA Archives should have a record of awards for that year.

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage
Spelling (see edit history)

Larry,

I believe 1991 was the fist year for this award - the AACA Archives should have a record of awards for that year.

Jim

Jim: Thanks for the response. Just curious has anybody tried to get that info from the AACA?? I go to a lot of swap meets and have seen many AACA

Badges and Trophies for sale; in fact they are a dime a dozen if you want them. Larry

Yes, we keep information on cars that have won awards and it is not that difficult to match the car and the award. In this case it is correct and the car won its First Junior in Hershey. Subsequent years now have a engraved number which we can match with the car. We get a few requests during the year and most cars have their legitimate badges but we have found a few examples over the years where the wrong badges got on a car either by accident or with intent to defraud.

This car did not win a Grand National Award according to the records here thereby answering your question John! :) Still great seeing the name of Binger on the forum!