36 Century questions

Guest cccapt42

Guest cccapt42

I am finally getting my Buick back together after 37 years, engine is in frame, brakes all redone, working on manifold issues. My question today is front motor mount bolts, I think they were shoulder bolts, cant find. any help. thank you.

Guest cccapt42

Thank you for responing, I have the nuts and lock washers, they seem like 9/16-20, and can picture them in my mind as being a shoulder bolt with a large fender washer with a rubber isolator on the bottom, but that was 37 years ago. I will take your advice and make a phone call. Thank you.

I just checked mine they`re actually 9/16-18 My bolt has a small thin washer, then a larger thick washer, then the rubber donut, bolt is then installed upwards thru the bottom of the frame, then thru the motor mount, and capped off with the large nut and a stamped sheetmetal lock nut.. I just bought new front mounts and had to remove the alignment washer out of the old mount to use in new one.. I also had to cut a circular groove inside the new mount where the shoulder bolt bottoms out.. Hope this helps.. Tom

Bolt head is 13/16", first shoulder next to hex head is 3/4"dia. x 5/32" thick, first two washers slip on this first shoulder, shank between first and second shoulder is 9/16"dia. and distance between shoulders is slightly under 1", second shoulder is same size as first. Length from base of hex head to far side of second shoulder is 1 5/16". Length of shank past second shoulder(portion with threads) is 1 3/16". Length from base of hex head is 2 9/16", total length including head is 2 7/8". Maybe you can understand this.. Tom