Light Show Problems

Guest rick boardman

If you turned the light switch all the way to the left, the fix is to turn it right a bit. If that fails you could check the bulb in the dome light. Other than that, there is the switch in the door and a wire.

Does it work if you open the other door? If it does then it must be the switch.

Guest rick boardman

By the way my Reatta is an 89, and the dome light works. The lights in the dash and the REATTA in the ctr do not come on any more when the door is opened or shut. This is my first time in the forum and I didn't make my problem clear. Thanks

Either the door handle rivet has broken or the wiring under the seats need resplicing. I would start with the wiring under the seats. Some have also had a problem with the wiring between the door and frame. I think Ronnie has a tutorial on his site.

Guest jimmyk

When opening the drivers door, try allowing the door handle to snap back to closed position. My '89 light show only works when I do that. Must be a sticky switch.

FWIW, switch in the handle is a magnetic reed switch. Seems like my scrub 88 gets intermittent when it gets really cold (based on this past winter) but is reliable at all other times. Cannot figure out why temperature would affect a reed switch, seems unlikely.

KDirk

Guest Mc_Reatta

The "Show" officially called "Display On Entry" (DOE) is contingent on a symphony played out by the three door switches. When the BCM detects the switches' "music" it plays the show.

Here's how to determine which switch isn't working correctly:

http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/59-lighting-system/interior-lights/193-door-switch-troubleshooting-guide

Fixing it is another story.

Question, does illuminated entry work (i.e. raise locked door handle or unlock from remote, or press interior lights on remote)? The reason I ask is that on my '89 I had the same missing display on entry as well as no illuminated entry. In my case, I finally chased it down to a short in the return wire from the passenger side door handle that was holding the circuit at ground (i.e. like the door handle was perpetually lifted). Both door handle lift switches are connected to a single input on the BCM, so a short on either requires pulling the passenger seat and getting to the appropriate splice so that you can isolate the wires. Here is a link to my thread with the details of what I found fixed illuminated entry. Seems that the BCM responds to constant door lift signal by effectively killing several "light" related functions.