WTB 1926/7 Nash advanced 6 parts

Hi,

I will be at Hershey and looking to buy the following parts for my 1927 Nash advanced 6

Rear body section and 2 rear doors for model 261 tourer, or consider roadster rear body section.

Rear mounted spare wheel bracket, 6 bolt type

usable/repairable seat springs

Old body wood for patterns

top support brackets

top rest brackets

Oil filler cap

4 bladed alum fan, bolts to Genny

Right hand drive steering column/ box assy

Horn button assembly with 3 levers for adv/retard-throttle-lights

light switch that fits on steering column bottom.

old side screens and top fabric for patterns

I will be in Canada a week before and after Hershey, if you are able to help please Pm me, many thanks

Viv.

Hi Al,

Thanks for your message, my Nash was a 261 tourer, but the car got turned into a pickup truck in the 50's. When I got the car there was a rear tourer section, but I later found out it is smaller dimensionally and probably from a special 6 not the advanced version. I have bought a set of top irons for the tourer body and would like to rebuild it as a tourer, but I am interested in your roadster rear body section as an alternative, does it have the rumble lid and any top frames? and how much do you want for it? Would it be possible to send me a couple of pictures of what you have please?

many thanks

Regards Viv

Ps, I'm also looking for the cowl vent mechanism

Edited by viv w (see edit history)

Hi Alan,

Thank you I managed to download them late last night. I compared the measurements this morning but sadly I dont think I will be able to use the tinwork. what you have is a Cabriolet rear body which is entirely different to the roadster. The cabrio had longer/taller doors similar to roadster but with roll up windows. The cabrio rear body is much shorter in length from the door to the rear fender. The body you have would better suit a guy who wants a rear section for a coupe. The belt molding is the same width as my Advanced 6 and I'm sure what you have is 1926/8. I've looked at pictures on the net, so far, I have not seen a 26 or 27 with a golf door, so my guess is it possibly is 1928.

Alan thank you for offering it to me and your efforts sending me the pictures I do appreciate it, but I'm going to pass. Good luck with your project.

Best regards

Viv.

Hello Viv,

Thanks for the note. The rear tin will be used somewhere, but not by me either. It was supposed to fit my 1929 Advanced 6 but is totally different. Good luck on your search, I hope you can find exactly what you desire for your car. How far from Pretoria are you?

Do you have an active group of Antique Auto enthusiasts to network with in your area? I am also involved with an Alvis project. Do you run across many or any Alvis cars, projects or parts on your side of the globe?

Regards,

Alan