GM heater/defroster motor

rons49

Could some one help ID this motor? I found a NOS heater/defroster motor. It's 6 volt and GM part #5047733. The number is a bit high for my 50-52 Cadillac and in 53 Cadillac went to 12 volt. I suspect that it may be for a 53/54 Chevy or Pontiac, but not for my Cadillac. Any help would be appreciated. If you find the number you may have it for $10 + shipping. Ron

Edited by rons49 (see edit history)

There's one on ebay right now with an asking price of $135. I like your deal. Wish I needed one.

There are 7 people watching the auction too.

NOS GM ELECTRICAL REPLACEMENT PARTS

6 Volt Heater Motor (Counter Clockwise)

GM Part # 5047733

FITS: 1940-1951 GM Products (Replaces 30+ Motors *See Pictures)

%21BdMP%29E%21BGk%7E$%28KGrHqYH-D4Eqvf6IL8-BK30QvrYQQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

There is another auction on ebay for the same motor and it lists the application as New Old Stock Vintage Delco Replacement Harrison Heater Fan Motor. In Original Manufacture Packaging. Direct replacement for the Harrison Heater for 1941 through 1946 Chevy Truck.

and a third listing:

1946-52 GM defroster motor, NOS! Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Oldsmobile

This is a NOS defroster motor (6v) for the GM applications listed below. New in origina box, excellent condition!

Applications:

· 1946-52 Buick

· 1949-51 Cadillac

· 1946-48 Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile

· 1947-51 Willys

GM part #: 5047733

Edited by wmsue (see edit history)

The one that I have , as well as the one on ebay is not for the deluxe/automatic( 5047686) Cadillac system, but for the standard system. 1949-52 Chevys use the same motor, but Chevy used no ground wire. I presume that the motor is internally grounded and the screws complete the circuit GRD when mounted on the metal duct.??

Edited by rons49 (see edit history)