1932 Ford Pick up

Guest Koswa51

Guest Koswa51

Hey folks, new to the site, but have a question. Any ideas on what a 32 ford pick up should fetch? Original steel body, original fenders front and rear, spare tire cover all present. Original front end. Truck is chopped 3" and currently sits in flat black paint. Original driveline stripped out. Has a 318 that will run with some persuasion, as well as working (rough). Any help would be much appreciated.

Whew...wrong forum for a hot rod, but welcome and interesting question...32 is a great year, pickups aren't the best collector car for that year, the chop is debatable on value, driveline sounds iffy, not even the ubiquitous small block Chevy....I'd say $12,000, that's a wild ass guess, pictures and location would help, as that tells more of a story....I personally think the truck would be worth more without the top chop.....

Was getting extremely excited right up until the top chop ..... you need to visit the HAMB - they deal with modified cars. You will find most users here want a car that is original or period modified (bolt on mods that are reversible). Too bad - original all steel '32's are very desirable cars/trucks.

Guest Koswa51

Thanks for the response. Top was chopped about 30 years ago before it ended up with my family. I agree it's unfortunate. I was hoping that the body being complete otherwise might help the cause. But, I appreciate the feedback! I will check out HAMB, and see what I can learn. Thanks again.

A couple years ago Wayne Burgess brought a 4 cylinder 32 Ford Pickup on one of the AACA Tours. No chopped top and no Chrysler engine, but it ran and completed most of the tour. Then he decided he was not a Ford guy and sold to a local for less than the $12,000 Trimcar suggested.

A 32 Ford pickup with a $35,000 restoration is not worth $35,000. Therfore it may be rod bait with it's already chopped roof. Anybody with a stock one should be happy, their value just went up in my book. I guess P. T. Barnum was right.

I had a super nice 32 car grille but the ornament/fill hole was filled. Nice job, but not my cup of tea. I carried that around for ages trying to trade somebody that had an original one that they wanted to fill. It would save them the time and effort and i'd have a nice original. I never found anybody and sold the grille but that's what you should do with your truck.