1957 fairlane 500 carb question

29tons

The carb that's on the car is a holley 1850 the car dose not get driven much and every year or 2 there is some sort of carb problem. I heard or read that the 58 autolite 4100 edc-d was a better carb. while looking for that carb I found that there was an autolite 4100 ecz-u offered in 57 for 312 engines with automatic trans. I want to be able to drive the car with less carb problems if any one knows witch 1 is best please let me know I have 10 other cars that get driven about the same amount and very few carb problems on those.

Unless you drive the car often and avoid using alcohol tainted fuels, you're going to have carb problems no matter what. It also depends on the condition of the carbs and how well they have been rebuilt and maintained.

The 4100 is a simpler design than the 1850 and is said to be more reliable carb.

I have had numerous problems with the Holley on my 56 but it is a different design and one notorious for problems.

The 57 since I know the specs are appropriate for the 312 and 292 with automatic. I actually have one of these on my shelf. I haven't found the specs on the 58 you mention. It may or may not have the same venturi sizes and application.