Long shot, but has anyone come across this 1931 DB radiator cap for sale?

keiser31

My good friend Mario Dow was in a car show with his 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 sedan about 4 months ago. The show was in Vancouver, Washington. Someone wanted his "shooting star" (as I lovingly call it) radiator cap, so they simply stole it. I know it's a total long shot, but if anyone has seen this for sale or on a car that it does not belong on, PLEASE tell me. Mario had the cap cast and did the finishing himself, which was a VERY tedious task. A LOT of work went into this cap and the emblems in it are slightly different than the factory part. Thank you very much for looking. John

post-37352-143142692822_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142692825_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately it is a sign of the times. The vanity accessories were lifted from my 32 Cad at a car show several years ago and all of the cigarette lighters were stolen from my 41 Cad at the 2010 Sentimental tour in Kerrville, Tx. A good friend no longer allows any car clubs to tour his extensive collection because of theft during the tours. Bob Smits

Guest AlCapone

I had an original near mint Gazelle stolen off my 31 Chrysler. The insurance company demanded that I prove it was not after market which I could not do. Instead of a $1500 plus claim it was $350.

Wayne