mid 70's lincoln's

Just curious. I know little about collecting Lincoln. What are your feelings about collecting Lincoln's of the 70's. In your circles are they considered luxury Fords or Mercury because of similar drive trains or do they stand alone. Do you consider Versailles a valid Lincoln, or do you consider it a Granada or Monarch or Maverick? Versailles seems to be a pretty nice car to me especially with the 1979 body extension so do you consider it a true Lincoln?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Guest jims41LC

From what I've seen the Versailles has certainly become a classic among Lincoln's. Seems hard to find a prime example of one, but they have been seen occasionally, and judged at Meets. I personally think they are pretty cool when you get one that was fully optioned.

Guest 65Starfire

If you like the car than it is a nice car. You can always find someone who think this way or that on cars. Versailles to me are parts cars for Mustangs but that comes from the Ninties when you would grab the rear drivetrain and drop it in a 60's Mustang. Don't worry buy what you like!

If you like the car than it is a nice car. You can always find someone who think this way or that on cars. Versailles to me are parts cars for Mustangs but that comes from the Ninties when you would grab the rear drivetrain and drop it in a 60's Mustang. Don't worry buy what you like!

They were popular for the rear disc brake / axle set-ups.