Who all sign up for the Glidden Tour this year?

Yes Chris & I are going again this year . This will be our 10 Glidden haven't been on a bad one yet ,some are better than others. We enjoy the friends [ old & new ]. We usually we make at least one new friend when we go. We will be driving our 1932 Chevy 4 door .Howard

Sounds like it will be a smaller group this year . Cut off at a 150 cars, last year was a lot more . With a smaller group you get to talk to more people .The Chandler sounds like a nice car . How is it for touring? This part of Ohio there are few hills . Howard

post-64575-14314271253_thumb.jpgThe Chandler is rather peppy I think. It has a 268cuin 6cylinder, rated at 28hp, has 4.0:1 rear gears, and only weighs 2900#, so it runs pretty good. This will be my first tour with it, So I'll be carrying a lot of tools, spare stuff and keeping my fingers crossed. I'll take it on several 30-40 mile runs around home this and next week. If it survives those, then I'll bring it to Defiance. Defiance is only about 2.5 hours from home, so IF the Chandler lets me down, I'll trailer it home and bring back a Pierce Arrow [tour proven] and finish the Glidden in that.

I bought the Chandler because it was complete, a true 1915-built car, and it isn't in bad shape, it's had some good restoration done on it, I did some mechanical work, engine, electrical and brakes. But the paint is pretty poor. If it tours well, it will probably get a paint job.

On my short runs around home, it accelerates quick, steers stiff but precise and requires more brake pedal pressure than I'd like, but it will stop.

40mph is easy and comfortable, I've had it up to near 50, but the top is like pulling a parachute.

I'm still learning about it, and figuring out it's personality. So far I like it.

GLong