Cargirl is back!

Cargirl

Hi all! I wanted to stop by and let you all know I am still out here. I owned a burgundy 1990 coupe and a blue 1989 coupe with 16 way seat as well. I loved both my Reatta's and have recently acquired the bug again. I have been having fun with 2 Hurst/Olds since selling my Reatta's and currently own a 1974 H/O Delta 88 Indy Festival car and a 1983 H/O as well. Both are in show condition. I was the membership coordinator for the Hurst/Olds club of America for 2 years and now I am the director of the club. It's been fun and this summer I had the opportunity to drive my '83 on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. What a blast!

I have been searching for another Reatta. I am particularly interested in acquiring a 1991 Convertible. I know they only built 135 vert's so there's that. I am sure if I am patient one will come around at the right price. Too bad patience is not my strong suit!! :) It's good to see so many familiar names on the Reatta forum--Hi Barney! ( is Nick still here?)

Welcome back! Actually 305 1991 convertibles were built, however only 200 something were sold retail - Barney should know the exact number - due to the infamous cowl shake issue. The balance were donated to trade schools or had some other non-titleable disposition.

Anyway, if you are willling to wait and pound the pavement one will surely turn up. Pricing is another matter. Most you'll find will be priced at a premium due to scarcity.

I shouldn't talk, since I had one fall in my lap for well under $2000 this past spring. Catch there is it has high miles and a salvage title (no bother to me on that latter point) and needs some work including a new top. It is a solid rust free car with a good maintenance history however, so I bit. Honestly never thought I'd own a 91 roadster, but there you have it. Dumb luck just works like that sometimes. Point being that if you are willing to put the effort into a more marginal example a deal can surely be found in time.

KDirk

Yes the debate continues on the number of 1991 convertibles that made it to the public roads.

I have shared my finding with Reatta owners at national meets because it is difficult to explain.

Of the 305 originally built, 61 were thought to be scrapped (leaving 244) then there was another 6 that had foggy dispositions, ie 4 went to Cadillac but what happened to them, one went to Lansing museum and one is shown as somehow wrecked.

Of the 61 thought to be scrapped, 8 appear on CarFax with at least 5K miles.

Using all this info leads me to believe 247 made it into the hands of the public and were registered.

If you find a 1991 convertible and would like to know its history, contact me and I will tell you what I know about the car.

Hi all! I wanted to stop by and let you all know I am still out here. I owned a burgundy 1990 coupe and a blue 1989 coupe with 16 way seat as well. I loved both my Reatta's and have recently acquired the bug again. I have been having fun with 2 Hurst/Olds since selling my Reatta's and currently own a 1974 H/O Delta 88 Indy Festival car and a 1983 H/O as well. Both are in show condition. I was the membership coordinator for the Hurst/Olds club of America for 2 years and now I am the director of the club. It's been fun and this summer I had the opportunity to drive my '83 on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. What a blast!

I have been searching for another Reatta. I am particularly interested in acquiring a 1991 Convertible. I know they only built 135 vert's so there's that. I am sure if I am patient one will come around at the right price. Too bad patience is not my strong suit!! :) It's good to see so many familiar names on the Reatta forum--Hi Barney! ( is Nick still here?)

Cargirl,

Welcome back!

Yep, driving around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is always a thrill. I've had the pleasure of driving at least 5 different cars for about 25 laps total over the years.

If you've been involved with the H/O Club then you surely have met Doc Watson. Doc is a personal friend and we see each other a few times each year at automotive events. Nicer guy you'll never meet.

I'm also blessed to own a '91 vert. Red, red, white top w/CD & 16-way seat. Supposedly only three were built with that combo. My daily driver is an '89 coupe.

Hope you find the '91 floptop of your dreams real soon.

Have fun,

Thanks for the greetings guys! I would not mind a fixer upper. Since the resto of my Delta 88 I know people, lots of car people LOL

Yes, Doc Watson is a great guy! We had a great time at Indy and next time you see him, mention my name and tell him I send my regards.

The Hurst/Olds has a members only forum but the Reatta forum is the best! I emailed Nic Walker and he still has his 1991 vert. for the record. I still have a box full of Reatta parts, I hope to need them some day!

A 1991 Red/Red with a white top....would be my choice for sure. With only 3 out there however I need to keep an open mind to other colors I guess!!!

Edited by Cargirl
misspelling (see edit history)

Cargirl is my Hero! I've loved the 83 Hurst Olds since I was 12 when the 1st one came in to our hometown dealership. I tried talking my dad into it for our family car but no dice. When I decided last year I needed to get another "fun" summer cruiser I looked for a 83 hurst but ended up buying an 89 black w/gray Reatta just like the one I had just outta college. And as it seems to go with Reatta's ya can't just have one. So I got a 91 black/black top/tan interior Reatta with only 50k miles for under 10 grand. Always looking for that Hurst though love love those cars!

Cargirl is my Hero! I've loved the 83 Hurst Olds since I was 12 when the 1st one came in to our hometown dealership. I tried talking my dad into it for our family car but no dice. When I decided last year I needed to get another "fun" summer cruiser I looked for a 83 hurst but ended up buying an 89 black w/gray Reatta just like the one I had just outta college. And as it seems to go with Reatta's ya can't just have one. So I got a 91 black/black top/tan interior Reatta with only 50k miles for under 10 grand. Always looking for that Hurst though love love those cars!

I like your style Gottablackngrey. I think that Reatta Lovers and Hurst/Olds lovers are the same breed. Classy cars with the attitude and looks of good ol American Muscle. And your so right about wanting more than one, what is up with that? LOL In my searches for Reatta's I always check out the H/O's as well. I think a 1972 would look so good next to my '74 & '83. I have a good friend out here and he has a 1968 H/O. He keeps telling me one day he wants me to have his car and will sell it to me at a fire sale price 'cause he wants the next owner to be me. How cool is that? A few more years and I will have a royal flush! Your cars photo looks stunning! Very nice!

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)