Are Springs covered in the Hollander Manual

Mark Gregory

I have a 1931 Reo Royale 8 - 31 . The passenger side front leaf spring has been replaced with the wrong spring . It is too short for the shackles . Does the Hollander Manual cover leaf springs ? Would anyone know what spring would be compatible to a Reo Royale 8 - 31 car ? Thanks , Mark

Eaton Detroit Spring can make a new spring for you. They claim to have correct dimensions for almost any old car. It's probably best to replace the other side at the same time so the car sits level. They recently made a 4-spring set for me, good quality, fair prices. Ask for Mike Eaton when you call.

Eaton Detroit Spring can make a new spring for you. They claim to have correct dimensions for almost any old car. It's probably best to replace the other side at the same time so the car sits level. They recently made a 4-spring set for me, good quality, fair prices. Ask for Mike Eaton when you call.

They made springs for my 1931 Dodge.

Keiser when you say they made your springs . Did you send them your old set or was it all by specifications . Then they made them for you ?

I used to live in the Detroit area and when I was 17 years old, I took my spring set (driver's side front) to have them make a new main leaf for me. They used the factory specs that they had on hand. They matched the arch of the new main spring on the passenger side, too. Eaton also made my front bumper bracket (the long one) and it came out perfect.