vacuum plumbing

On a 1964 259 Lark V8: Automatic Where does the distributor advance vaccum line connect, to the intake manifold or to the port on aft. (firewall side) side of the 2bbl carb.? Where does the mechanical choke "U" tube connect, obviously one end of the "U" goes to the choke, where does the other go? Have looked in all the manuals and can't find plumbing schematics, do the exist?

Vacuum advance line goes to the back of the carb. The other end of the choke heater is connected by a rubber hose to a fitting just to the upper left of the choke housing. Schematic is in the 59-64 Chassis parts book on page 77.

Terry

Thanks Terry, The carbs on both my 63V and 64V are Stromberg ww6-130 and 132 respectively. Neither of these has a port up near the top of the carb. A ww6-123 that I have in inventory does have both the dist. vacuum port and the choke port. So if I connect the distributor to the aft port and just leave the end of the choke pipe open, will this be ok or should I undertake to machine a new port near the top of the carb? Dick