CARMEL, INDIANA Artomobilia show this weekend?

Today the Indy newspaper had as an insert, a very nice tabloid covering the Carmel, Indiana show for this weekend, 24 pages.

Contained within is the listing of the 400 cars that have been entered. I noticed at once the lack of some wonderful INDIANA produced cars.

* Cords (0)

* Duesenbergs (0)

* Marmons (0)

* Auburns (0)

* Studebakers (1)

I wrote the director attempting to learn if efforts were made to have these cars represented. He responded, YES, an effort was made. He also stated that the AACA had been contacted too in an effort to attract more valuable/neat cars. I don't recall seeing such, but certainly could have missed it.

Looking ahead I would be pleased to know who would consider participating NEXT year. Last week the Central Indiana Chapter of the BCA (Buick) club had a show, and approx. 50 cars were represented, only (4) Buick's are listed in the Carmel show, NOT good.. Packard (1) Hudson (3).

Any contact info you can provide to me is most WELCOME and NEEDED. Camel, Indiana is a neat area, and the show will be well attended, weather permitting.

They block off the streets, so nice clean showing areas, no grassy mud, etc.

Hoping to hear from many of YOU.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

I am not sure who he contacted in AACA but it was not me. As a former Hoosier I would have remembered. I would have been happy to make sure the show was posted on our site. Sure wish more people from Indiana would attend out show in Auburn each May. We will be back there next year. It is a great show with a ton of perks for entrees.