This scammer can't be this stupid? can he?

R Walling

[h=2] Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Parts or whole car - $1[/h]<section class="userbody" style="margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px 0px 0.5em; border: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: medium; vertical-align: baseline;"><figure class="iw" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: top; width: 602px; max-width: 602px; float: left;">00J0J_fKEF2tnUlGh_600x450.jpg

00J0J_fKEF2tnUlGh_50x50c.jpg00P0P_jGo7HV79OcS_50x50c.jpg00q0q_5KJqltKxVxV_50x50c.jpg00j0j_uMZiQKEb7P_50x50c.jpg00y0y_5BMqkHOAinb_50x50c.jpg00y0y_7sPTxHuDojP_50x50c.jpg00h0h_dfRlbY3R0Yf_50x50c.jpg

</figure>

3036.png3036.png3037.png3037.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">(

google map) (yahoo map)</small>

<section id="postingbody" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Bitstream Vera Serif', 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; clear: left;">Parting out 1969 Silver Shadow, car can be completed, it all there 774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

Grille $2500 with Flying Lady as seen in picture

If interested in any other parts let me know and make me an offer, I want it gone. 774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

Check ebay for parts pricing

windshield alone is worth over $2000

fenders $200 (x 2)

door panels $100 (x 4)

engine (ebay @ $2900)

Starter $200

bumpers (ebay $1000)

trunk lid $250

If you want the whole car AS IS with CLEAN TITLE I am willing to let it go for $3900 non negotiable, bring cash and a trailer, I'll bring the title 774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

I have registered this vehicle and driven it city and highway. My plan was to use it in a limousine business as a brides antique vehicle... then the economy tanked and one thing led to another

LOST INTEREST / LOST GARAGE

It did run and drive...It currently does not have a battery and I am not interested in getting it running.

774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

</section>

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

</section>

Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Parts or whole car - $1

<section class="userbody" style="margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px 0px 0.5em; border: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: medium; vertical-align: baseline;"><figure class="iw" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: top; width: 602px; max-width: 602px; float: left;">00J0J_fKEF2tnUlGh_600x450.jpg

00J0J_fKEF2tnUlGh_50x50c.jpg00P0P_jGo7HV79OcS_50x50c.jpg00q0q_5KJqltKxVxV_50x50c.jpg00j0j_uMZiQKEb7P_50x50c.jpg00y0y_5BMqkHOAinb_50x50c.jpg00y0y_7sPTxHuDojP_50x50c.jpg00h0h_dfRlbY3R0Yf_50x50c.jpg

</figure>

3036.png3036.png3037.png3037.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">(

google map) (yahoo map)</small>

<section id="postingbody" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Bitstream Vera Serif', 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; clear: left;">Parting out 1969 Silver Shadow, car can be completed, it all there 774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

Grille $2500 with Flying Lady as seen in picture

If interested in any other parts let me know and make me an offer, I want it gone. 774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

Check ebay for parts pricing

windshield alone is worth over $2000

fenders $200 (x 2)

door panels $100 (x 4)

engine (ebay @ $2900)

Starter $200

bumpers (ebay $1000)

trunk lid $250

If you want the whole car AS IS with CLEAN TITLE I am willing to let it go for $3900 non negotiable, bring cash and a trailer, I'll bring the title 774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

I have registered this vehicle and driven it city and highway. My plan was to use it in a limousine business as a brides antique vehicle... then the economy tanked and one thing led to another

LOST INTEREST / LOST GARAGE

It did run and drive...It currently does not have a battery and I am not interested in getting it running.

774 696 0235 no voicemail, text me or call

</section>

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

</section>

Momma says, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Guest Skyking
That car would be perfect for, say, the grand opening of a community swimming pool.

Because it's the worst car... in the world.

"LIKE"

The pics show a car with British plates and an English map. Ad reads as though written by an American. If we knew where the ad appeared, or where the phone #774 696 0235 is from it might help to get the joke.

My guess is Roger Walling spotted the ad in some American city, figured it was a scam based on the British plates and map, but forgot to tell us the punch line.

The pics show a car with British plates and an English map. Ad reads as though written by an American. If we knew where the ad appeared, or where the phone #774 696 0235 is from it might help to get the joke.

My guess is Roger Walling spotted the ad in some American city, figured it was a scam based on the British plates and map, but forgot to tell us the punch line.

That's actually a Massachusetts map.... and the phone number is from Massachusetts...

Sorry to be so slow, but I need this one spelled out for me.

The guy's phone number matches the limo service. The address for the limo service matches the Google Maps address (Oxford, MA) in the ad. The car may not be something everyone wants, but someone obviously wanted it at one point. If you need the windshield or grille then those prices probably are not too far off. I get that it probably takes a lot of money to make this car but then don't buy it. I guess I don't see the scam which, obviously, kinda worries me as I thought I was pretty good at catching them. Guess not.

My reason to think that is a scam…

1 The listing states $1 sale price

2 It is a complete car that is listed in NADA for a min of $9000 to $20,000

3 He wants it gone cause he lost his garage, but will part out (which will take a long time).

4 "It did run and drive" but needs a battery and he doesn't want to bother to get it running in order to sell it.

5 Incorrect grammar.

6 Will only respond to a phone call. (Looks like he is looking for phone #'s for another scam.

5 The parts that he has listed come up to over $9500 .

It may be an legitimate deal, but it contains too many details used in a typical scam for me to believe. If he is in a legitimate business the term "lost my garage" is Mickey Mouse and a businessman knows that it is worth $75 for a battery to enable him to say "it starts and runs".

If I am wrong, I apologize to the man.

I think the add is legitimate. It is just the ideal of showing up at a strangers home with $4,000 in one of your pockets. I would like that relationship cultivated or have option #2 in the other pocket. Besides, a British car in Massachusetts. I'm taking more than a teabag to that party!

Bernie

The $1 price in the heading is often used when there are several different prices within the ad.

I'm sure NADA would lower their prices if they were forced to buy cars at what they print.

It's quite possible that it needs a lot more than just a battery

It's not the same type of incorrect grammar that scammers use

Most scams, if not all, do not provide phone numbers.

I've played a scammer or two myself but I don't see any scam going on here.

The phone number belongs to "A Limo Affair" - Brad @ 774-696-0235 as a vendor for http://www.blissfulmeadows.com/printpage.asp?id=670&page=37376

Nothing in a google search turns up with a scammer.......and google is REAL good that.

I know the feeling of just wanting to GET RID of something.......in fact I'm in the process as I type.

What is odd about a British Car in Massachusetts? I live next door in RI and they aren't all that strange... RRs included. Also, for a time, beginning in 1977, Mass only issued one plate and if you have one you can continue using it so its quite possible this car never had an American front plate. This sounds to me like someone who is sick of the whole business and wants to quit and cut his losses... truth to tell, I've done the same thing myself in the past.

Thanks for the blow by blow Roger. I see you point on the pricing and the 'just need it gone' but willing to part it out. Some of the rest of the story seems to check out but that reminds me of a recent scam here in Atlanta. A scammer was listing cars on Craigslist that were located at a Honda used car lot. He met people there and 'sold' the cars and took a 'deposit'. When they came back with the balance he wasn't there. He managed to 'sell' several cars before everyone figured things out. Unfortunately for him, the security cameras on the lot documented every step of the scam. Oops.

The longer you have something you don't want the lower the price. I carted around a very heavy box with 3 generators in it to flea markets all summer back in the 70's. Towards the end of the day at the last show of the year a guy picked up one of the generators and said "How much?". I said $10. He asked if I could do better - I said "Sure, take all 3 and they are yours for $5". Show parking was a very long walk but he had a buddy with him. He said "No deal - how about $7.50 for the one I want". The thought of taking that box home was overwhelming - I said - "How about all 3 for free - you want one it's $10). He took the hint and the box .. I almost would have given him a couple of bucks to take the thing.

The longer you have something you don't want the lower the price. I carted around a very heavy box with 3 generators in it to flea markets all summer back in the 70's. Towards the end of the day at the last show of the year a guy picked up one of the generators and said "How much?". I said $10. He asked if I could do better - I said "Sure, take all 3 and they are yours for $5". Show parking was a very long walk but he had a buddy with him. He said "No deal - how about $7.50 for the one I want". The thought of taking that box home was overwhelming - I said - "How about all 3 for free - you want one it's $10). He took the hint and the box .. I almost would have given him a couple of bucks to take the thing.

"I don't care who you are, that there's funny" - Larry the Cable Guy

I've been there and know the feeling. I held a barn sale last year, and one of the things I was getting rid of was a bunch of old VHS video tapes. A lady asked me how much per tape, and I said $0.25, but I'll sell you all of them (4 boxes of around 120 tapes) for a $buck. She said: "I'll take 'em". I helped her load the tapes and forgot to collect the dollar. I figured it was a good deal for me too.

Cheers,

Grog

"I don't care who you are, that there's funny" - Larry the Cable Guy

I've been there and know the feeling. I held a barn sale last year, and one of the things I was getting rid of was a bunch of old VHS video tapes. A lady asked me how much per tape, and I said $0.25, but I'll sell you all of them (4 boxes of around 120 tapes) for a $buck. She said: "I'll take 'em". I helped her load the tapes and forgot to collect the dollar. I figured it was a good deal for me too.

Cheers,

Grog

And she was snickering to herself thinking that she got one over on you.

I would have to call you but I am deaf that is why I do text so pls consider my situation so get back to me with your name and address

and bank info..

This is the crap i got the last two days....I know people around the county. It not hard to make a phone call... to check some one out...

That car would be perfect for, say, the grand opening of a community swimming pool.

Because it's the worst car... in the world.

A friend had one for several years (A 1957 Slver Cloud) A real pretty white car with a red leather interior. It was just a fun car, but he sold it after only two years of repair plagued ownership. In the end he said it cost him $5.00 a mile to own it!