Hershey Judges

• 1 month later...

Steve

Perhaps you could help everyone understand the need: by tell us the number of judges required, say 500 or is 800, and the number currently signed up 300, and explain how desperately judge are need for the hobby as whole. I have judge for the last 5 or 6 years while attending Hershey: usually the only meet I can attend, as I work outside of the USA. I feel i owe it to the club to help with the judging, (i a form of giving back to the hobby for me)

Also a mention of the apprentice program would be good in this section. As Hershey has more attendee that all the other meets. It a great potential resource for judge development.

your call.

joe

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)

Steve

Perhaps you could help everyone understand the need: by tell us the number of judges required, say 500 or is 800, and the number currently signed up 300, and explain how desperately judge are need for the hobby as whole. I have judge for the last 5 or 6 years while attending Hershey: usually the only meet I can attend, as I work outside of the USA. I feel i owe it to the club to help with the judging, (i a form of giving back to the hobby for me)

Also a mention of the apprentice program would be good in this section. As Hershey has more attendee that all the other meets. It a great potential resource for judge development.

your call.

joe

Would come at last minute but not for $150 / nite, 3 nite minimum room. Sorry

Tomorrow will be my first taste of judging. I'm excited. Suggestions on where to park, and what time should I be at the Giant Center? I know the class starts at 2pm, but I didn't know if there were good reasons to show up earlier (you know, other than all the cars and parts).

Car Show is Saturday not Friday. You must attend the Judging breakfast at the Giant Center (I think at 7am) and judging will be over by 2pm for most classes, I believe judging starts at 10am.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a great time at Hershey and our Judging team was great, helping mentor the the two newbies on the points of race cars.

cancel my room after they charge $859 dollars for four nights. i found a private room 5 minutes from the Giant Center for $50 a night this year. it be higher next year, but wow it handy.